Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
Mines getting a new clutch and duel mass flywheel tomorrow , I was hoping the DMF would be ok but its not so needs replacing as well.
your mobile guy doing it Phill? Does he supply parts or do you source them??

Yes hes doing it but taking it to his mates Garage as he needs a ramp etc. we are putting OE clutch kit and a sachs DMF on it :thumb: :thumb: we sort the parts between us whoever can get the cheapest price for the part we are going to fit sometimes hes cheaper from his suppliers but sometime I can find the same part cheaper prime example was the gen1 tandem pump from autodoc he just hadnt got access to Peirberg that cheap from his suppliers :thumb:
sounds like a good way to do it👍 My mate ownes a garage, he no Porsche expert but loads of stuff we done and saved a packet.

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
Mines getting a new clutch and duel mass flywheel tomorrow , I was hoping the DMF would be ok but its not so needs replacing as well.
your mobile guy doing it Phill? Does he supply parts or do you source them??

Yes hes doing it but taking it to his mates Garage as he needs a ramp etc. we are putting OE clutch kit and a sachs DMF on it :thumb: :thumb: we sort the parts between us whoever can get the cheapest price for the part we are going to fit sometimes hes cheaper from his suppliers but sometime I can find the same part cheaper prime example was the gen1 tandem pump from autodoc he just hadnt got access to Peirberg that cheap from his suppliers :thumb:
sounds like a good way to do it👍 My mate ownes a garage, he no Porsche expert but loads of stuff we done and saved a packet.

Its always worth checking around as the exact same part same brand can often be hundreds of pounds cheaper :thumb: and thats after finding out who makes the OE parts eg pierberg ,sachs etc etc and saving that way already . :thumb:

A bit boring and same old but here we go.

Cold air fitted.

No idea if it will give any benefit I would notice??

but it looks nice.

From forum member Barefoot. cheers Kev your a good lad.

Attachments

• img_0359_141.jpg
    img_0359_141.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 2,467
Huge mod. +5bhp at least.

Attachments

• 20180323_142015_resized_194.jpg
    20180323_142015_resized_194.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 2,416
RJW1881 said:
Just bought a Dension 500s that is being fitted next Tuesday ready for a 3 day road trip to North Wales on Wednesday. After 3 years of ownership I felt the need to be able to stream music in the turbo.

Be interested to hear how the streaming goes :?: my system is pretty crap :frustrated:

Gundo being done tomorrow by PCW :worship: and while he is busy at the rear :?: I will be busy at the front fitting my new Zunsport grilles :bandit:

2weeks ago actually , fresh MOT , Insurance and road fund licence in that order ...
Full tank of Shell V power......

Out of hibernation .....
what a fantastic car the Turbo S is ...!!!

Great to push along these Highland roads .......I even love washing it .... that rear end ......deserves all the soaping she gets !

All hail!

:worship: :worship:

2weeks ago actually , fresh MOT , Insurance and road fund licence in that order ...
Full tank of Shell V power......

Out of hibernation .....
what a fantastic car the Turbo S is ...!!!

Great to push along these Highland roads .......I even love washing it .... that rear end ......deserves all the soaping she gets !

All hail!

:worship: :worship:

MaxA said:
Huge mod. +5bhp at least.

Wow, superb! :thumbs:

Fitted these today, thanks Mike (Thefinn) for them, excellent fit and superb finish!

Attachments

• img_3069_211.jpg
    img_3069_211.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 3,231
  • img_3067_144.jpg
    img_3067_144.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 3,231
  • img_3068_559.jpg
    img_3068_559.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 3,231
Thanks to a keen eye from another forum member (cheers Chris :thumb: ) I grabbed this from the states today , unused from a sealed display case . :grin: chuffed as I have been on the hunt for a used one of these X97 billet gear knobs for over a year as they are over a grand to buy new :thumb:

Attachments

• s_l1600_659.jpg
    s_l1600_659.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 3,081
  • s_l1600_199.jpg
    s_l1600_199.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 3,077
Wow phil just took another look at the add, it's mint not a mark!! They can mark if you wear a ring or something.

You sticking to the plan ref re-trim?

silvermilnec said:
Wow phil just took another look at the add, it's mint not a mark!! They can mark if you wear a ring or something.

You sticking to the plan ref re-trim?

Chris it was in a glass display case never used mate, its in as new condition , yes sending to Linas to get the leather trim changed to alcantara. and use my existing alcantara gator with it. I have been waiting so long to do this mod its one of the final interior bits I wanted to sort as I already have the X97 handbreak with alcantara back section :thumb: :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back