Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to test horns?

I ended up ordering two new (944) horns from Porsche Exeter - just £46.99 for both, including VAT and delivery! (And my 10% PCGB discount.)

Part numbers: 944.635.205.00 and 944.635.206.00 for future reference.

I also replaced the horn contact ring (a screw and plastic spacer were missing from the original) with this from Germany: https://www.fvd.net/de-en/100498F60...orn-contact-ring-formula-steering-wheels.html

Just connected it all up and all working perfectly!

Thanks all for your help and advice (as always).

Need some advice...

Both horn tones suddenly stopped working.

Found that the fuse (Number 3) had blown.

Simple.

Put a fresh one in (also 15A) but nothing. This new fuse had immediately blown!

I'm guessing the culprit could be the relay? (Number 23 according to the diagram on my fusebox lid.)

Can anyone help?

When a fuse blows straight away then its normally a dead short in the wiring or the item .. in this case the horns.

I would tend to unplug the horns and put another fuse in , if it doesnt blow then one or more of the horns is faulty.

If it does then your into traceing the wiring to find the short or just running new wires .

Many thanks for the quick, helpful response - will give that a go (after the Liverpool v Man City game!).

Sorted.

Took the horns off, re-connected them, put a new fuse in - bingo!

Guess one of the spade connections might have worked loose?

Anyway, now working again - thanks Iain.

Its working is the main thing .. if one of the wires had come off the horn and was touching the bodywork then that would cause this issue .

For now just keep an eye on it .. it might still be a horn failure but time will tell :)

Sorry for the newbie question :dont know:

So we have 2 horns in there which obviously both make slightly different sounds simultaneously when the horn button is pressed.

I have the symptom that I have and have always had a really wimpy horn (I just thought this was normal) and I was actually always quite embarrassed to press it unless really necessary :frustrated:

Does this sound like one of the 2 horns is simply not working?

It does .. you can also get one horn inop and the other partially fail which basically means you get a wierd sound out of it .

not just 964 type horns .. ive seen similar on all Porsches .

Nice, thanks for the reply.
Another thing for the list to check out when I get some time.
:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back