Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.6 Low temperature Thermostat ?

dp400

Trainee
Guys

Im collecting my Carrera 3.6 in a week or so and to the best of my knowledge it doesnt have a LTT fitted. I presume that even though the 3.6 is at lower risk of bore score than a 3.8 its still a good idea to fit one and there are no drawbacks.

Can I ask where would be the best place to buy one and can anyone tell me how much I should expect to pay to get one fitted. It this something my local but competent garage down the road can do I would I need to take it to a Porsche indy.

Thanks in advance for the anticipated knowledgeable replies

:thumbs:

The number one mod for any 3.6 - 3.8 M96/97

These were expensive when they first came out but are a more reasonable price nowadays.

Whaler is the brand most use now and they are usually around £35, Euro car parts do them along with many other car parts places.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back