Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Never seen this before - a C4S replica!

Fastlane

Car is a 1999 3.4, but according to the DVLA it was first registered in September 2001, which is odd. Must have taken some work to convert into a wide body:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-Porsche-911-2dr-/282851811313?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Not sure why you would go to that effort and cost....it would've cost more to do that than upgrade to a genuine 4S!
To me that's got ringer written all over it. Something doesn't stack up.

Fastlane said:
Car is a 1999 3.4, but according to the DVLA it was first registered in September 2001, which is odd.

That's because it was 1st registered in another country and then imported and re-registered in the UK in 2001. Cracks me up when dealers put "All cars HPI'd" but then fail to mention any HPI history. :nooo:

BChivs said:
Not sure why you would go to that effort and cost....it would've cost more to do that than upgrade to a genuine 4S!
To me that's got ringer written all over it. Something doesn't stack up.

Sometimes folk have a prang and the car needs front & rear bumpers, new bonnet and front wings. For minimum amount more they can convert to a more desirable looking model. Like you say - ringer all over it, especially when you realise it was possibly done in another country, then registered as a different car in the UK.

Run forest run!!

gump-9213.jpg

Fastlane said:
Car is a 1999 3.4, but according to the DVLA it was first registered in September 2001, which is odd. Must have taken some work to convert into a wide body:

Where are you seeing it's a 3.4 :?:

It just looks like a very ordinary early 996C4S to me.

The 'T plate' in the advert obviously isn't the original one if it was registered in 2001.

If I was buying my biggest concern would be the fact that it wasn't MOT'd for 4 years 2013 to 2017 although that might be explained if it wasn't wearing that number during that period.

T8 said:
Fastlane said:

Where are you seeing it's a 3.4 :?:

Tax check shows it as a 3.4 on DVLA website. Although MOT check shows it registered in December 1999 :?:

It's a 3.4 though - you can tell by the clocks on the dash.

alex yates said:
Sometimes folk have a prang and the car needs front & rear bumpers, new bonnet and front wings. For minimum amount more they can convert to a more desirable looking model. Like you say - ringer all over it, especially when you realise it was possibly done in another country, then registered as a different car in the UK.

I agree, just changing the bumpers and front wings is one thing, but changing the rear wings to convert it to a wide body is quite another...

alex yates said:
Tax check shows it as a 3.4 on DVLA website.

Although MOT check shows it registered in December 1999 :?:

It's a 3.4 though - you can tell by the clocks on the dash.

:thumb:

Looks like the 4S bodywork was probably added in the time it wasn't MOT'd - sometime between 2013 and 2017.

I can't believe a dealer hasn't picked up on all this before advertising it. :eek:

A few years ago I nearly bought a 993 that had been rebodied as a widebody. That'd been in a slight mishap requiring lots of new panels so the owner had converted it. It was black and looked great but I wasn't brave enough in the end. £12k it was!

This car reminds me of that.

alex yates said:
Tax check shows it as a 3.4 on DVLA website.

That (and my v5) says mine is a 3.6; but it isn't. Dunno how that happened

Lots of conclusions being jumped to.....

Doubt it's a ringer with 3.4 clocks and engine.

surely it's too difficult and no real gain to reshell a 3.4 into a c4s shell, you would have to swap loads.

If it were a ringer surely it would be a c4s 3.6 big brakes with the chassis numbers swapped.....

I'd guess it's had accident damage and it's been fixed up with c4s quarter panels and wings.

wasz said:
I'd guess it's had accident damage and it's been fixed up with c4s quarter panels and wings.

+1

Although I'd still be a bit dubious. I'd want to know when and where it was done, etc.

I notice that the advert was updated yesterday.

I think the 'Carrera 4 with 4S wide body' bit has been added.

It's still listed as a 2001 car though. :nooo:

The asking price for a 1999 bitza = :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back