Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does anyone know this 996 GT3?

MisterCorn said:
NENO said:
kingston said:
NENO said:
Why would you spec no AC? That makes no sense to me.

Because Race car, same way as people speccing radio delete on the latest GT cars
I get ya but it's clearly not a race car.

Not to you, but to the track day warrior who specced it???

That doesn't compute either as if that were the case then why did they delete the buckets? [IIRC: Buckets were standard, deleting for sports seats was a no cost option. Reinstating aircon was a no cost option, but crucially it was an option. Reinstating the centre console was also an option (something in the mists of my memory seems to think it was not free though and priced at about £120, but not positive)].

Seriously - if it were a track day warrior spec : buckets and Clubsport (cage, harness, extinguisher) were zero cost options on the 996. So that isn't it.

What I strongly suspect happened is that they forgot (and the dealer didn't point it out) to select the non-cost option to reinstate the climate control on their comfort car when ordering it. I don't imagine that anyone would deliberately have specced a non-bucket seat car with Xenons and a console with a CD holder but without climate control.

It is astonishingly rare though - there were only a handful of even Clubsports and RSs in the UK which were specced without climate control.

its in that 'nco' detail :wack:

http://911uk.com/images/content/996pricelist2004.jpg

996pricelist2004.jpg

I've been and had a look at the car and think it looks like a nice one. Just my personal opinion

Sorry, not good etiquette from me :wack:

:welcome: to the Forum...

:) I've been on the forum for a while but I tend just to read rather than post.

I currently have a 996 gt3 that Sp Autobahn maintain for me hence I've seen the red car and had a look at the history that came with it, not with intention to buy but just out of curiosity.

Previous owner bought the car from Porsche glasgow, then sold it to sp autobahn and bought a Mac

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back