Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not starting when hot.

When I bought my C4S about 5 years ago it was always slow on the starter until one day a couple of years later the battery just gave up for no apparent reason when I'd been using the car that day. Luckily it died next to a Halfords so I ran in and grabbed a battery.

I was shocked how much quicker it turned over with a decent battery in it. These cars do seem to have a habit of going through batteries - well worth using a conditioner I think.

I've ordered the new sensor from ECP, £74 after discount and available for collection tomorrow. It should hopefully get fitted Friday and I will update the thread.
Thanks 😎😎

New crank sensor fitted, £70 from ECP after discount, and all seems fine now.
Thanks for the advice guys. 😎

£64 on carparts4less. Always try them as they're the same company and usually cheaper than ECP.

alex yates said:
£64 on carparts4less. Always try them as they're the same company and usually cheaper than ECP.

Can you link to it Alex please. I've put my regular in and searched and it comes up with everything but the crankshaft sensor.
My local ECP is only 2 mins down the road so it is handy to get one straight away if needed.

alex yates said:
https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/search/494330140

Then this week's discount code: weekend14

Cheers. 👍🏼😎

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back