Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering Wheel Fascia and Interior Spears ---------

If you can push it on and it locates properly and isnt loose then that would do .

For me i would remove some of the glue , theres a plastic peg in there somewhere so dont break that off ... then put glue into the holes and fit it .

There was some special 2 pack glue Porsche supplyed .. i remember useing it .. not sure what non Porsche one you would use .. we use a fast acting 2 pack wurth glue at work .. not sure of the details though .

EDIT ..

This stuff but its a little fast acting for this application if you havent used it before .

https://eshop.wurth.co.uk/Fast-acti...XYRSN-FAST-ESK50-50ML/08934801.sku/en/GB/GBP/

Right so my roof light surround arrived today complete with the two alien eyes :thumb: but I cannot find anywhere the spare mirror triangles I had :sad: :sad: so going to have to buy some more :nooo: :thumb: before going to Wicked coatings with my bits

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
J, very nice love the door spears as you know, but I am really impressed with the mirror triangles and roof light unit , those are my next two mods ,I have the spare mirror triangles and the spare roof light surround should be with me early next week. great to actually see what it will look like. :thumb: :thumb: it looks so much better than all that matt plastic everywhere. what about the little rectangular pieces under the door speakers what the plan for them ,I cant decide whether to paint or do in alcantara.or leather the same as the rest of the door :thumb:

Hi Phil, cheers :thumb: .... I must admit it does transform the interior a lot, this is something Porsche should have done themselves in all honesty, regards the rectangle bits under the speakers.. I think too much colour coding on the door is overkill, spears and mirror corners is just right, if I start taking little bits off here and there just because it's easy to take off and paint it will end up looking cheap chavs car you get in Max Power magazines back in the day lol, Less is more in my opinion... I'd leave as it is Phil, but then your taste maybe be different to mine in how you want your interior look!

I'm debating wether should paint the front panel fascia also you know the stereo fascia and heater controls fascia in same colour but not sure how it would look and i think that's all I would do to be honest !!! What you think?

J

J, As your car is silver/grey I think it would work well mate , I have seen it done in black gloss and matt black aka gen2 they looked good ,I have seen it in red looked nice but I also saw it in riviera and was overkill so IMHO it depends on the body colour as what will work and Silver/grey I am sure would work. :thumb: As you say it needs to be subtle or it can look MAX power :grin:

Re the little plastic bit under the door speaker you have a good point and think I will send them to Design LS to be leather trimmed to blend in with the rest of the door leather. :thumb:

Hi Phil, I think I'm gonna strip the front stereo console section for a repaint in grey!! I'll take the car for a good morning run and back then strip and send off Monday to wicked for a paint job !! Why dont you get your current mirror covers and paint them!!

@Demort, I may just add a bit of glue when fitting back the fascia maybe some evostick rather than glueing it with two part mix, I want to know first from the retrimmer if he can retrim the steering wheel with the fascia off cos I don't fancy it getting scratched in the process if I fit it all back etc. !!

@Phil, can I ask you how hard/easy is it to take off the dash clock cowling, am looking to chuck that in for painting also and I'm done with interior after this!!!

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
J, very nice love the door spears as you know, but I am really impressed with the mirror triangles and roof light unit , those are my next two mods ,I have the spare mirror triangles and the spare roof light surround should be with me early next week. great to actually see what it will look like. :thumb: :thumb: it looks so much better than all that matt plastic everywhere. what about the little rectangular pieces under the door speakers what the plan for them ,I cant decide whether to paint or do in alcantara.or leather the same as the rest of the door :thumb:

Hi Phil, cheers :thumb: .... I must admit it does transform the interior a lot, this is something Porsche should have done themselves in all honesty, regards the rectangle bits under the speakers.. I think too much colour coding on the door is overkill, spears and mirror corners is just right, if I start taking little bits off here and there just because it's easy to take off and paint it will end up looking cheap chavs car you get in Max Power magazines back in the day lol, Less is more in my opinion... I'd leave as it is Phil, but then your taste maybe be different to mine in how you want your interior look!

I'm debating wether should paint the front panel fascia also you know the stereo fascia and heater controls fascia in same colour but not sure how it would look and i think that's all I would do to be honest !!! What you think?

J

J, As your car is silver/grey I think it would work well mate , I have seen it done in black gloss and matt black aka gen2 they looked good ,I have seen it in red looked nice but I also saw it in riviera and was overkill so IMHO it depends on the body colour as what will work and Silver/grey I am sure would work. :thumb: As you say it needs to be subtle or it can look MAX power :grin:

Re the little plastic bit under the door speaker you have a good point and think I will send them to Design LS to be leather trimmed to blend in with the rest of the door leather. :thumb:

Hi Phil, I think I'm gonna strip the front stereo console section for a repaint in grey!! I'll take the car for a good morning run and back then strip and send off Monday to wicked for a paint job !! Why dont you get your current mirror covers and paint them!!

@Demort, I may just add a bit of glue when fitting back the fascia maybe some evostick rather than glueing it with two part mix, I want to know first from the retrimmer if he can retrim the steering wheel with the fascia off cos I don't fancy it getting scratched in the process if I fit it all back etc. !!

@Phil, can I ask you how hard/easy is it to take off the dash clock cowling, am looking to chuck that in for painting also and I'm done with interior after this!!!

Cheers

J

Hi J,
I generally buy the bits I am modding for several reasons 1/ I can convert it back if I ever need to 2/ its my daily so cant really strip stuff off it to be done.

the chrono cowel is fairly easy , remove the centre climate vent unit then you will see three or four tabs thats all that holds it in situ so push them in and it should pop off remove the clock job done :thumb: :thumb:

brother - these photos saved me! Thanks again!

For those doing any trim plate swaps/steering wheel mods, the airbag spring bar has to be ATTACHED (snapped into) the back of the trim plate BEFORE the trim plate is pushed back into the steering wheel (make sure to place and set the airbag spring onto the spring bar properly as well).

The reason where they're are so many trimPlate/steering wheel swap projects where the airBag sits a few mm too deep inside the steering wheel (in addition to horn sensitivity/feel issues is mostly due to the fact that the airbag spring bar is incorrectly left inside the steering wheel (causing an extra few mm of incorrect fitment inside the steering wheel).

almost done!

-- 997 -- said:
Ok no worries, all done!! If anyone is interested on how it's done. Let us know cos it's a f*****g mission and an half

Pictures below!!!

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back