Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Breakdown Cover - AutoAid ?

Zingari

Chums

As I am now 'unemployed*', through my previous employer I was in a scheme where, amongst other benefits, I was covered with UK/EU breakdown for self and Mrs Z. Now I am not so need to get some.

I like the look of this outfit https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/BreakdownServices.aspx given it gives spouse cover, full UK (EU is extra as required) recovery and applies to any vehicle your are driving. All for £43.31 :eek:

What's the score? Anyone use them?

(*Work considered. Nothing iffy)

We have been covered by them for several years now, starting in 2015.
While we haven't had to call on their services they did come highly recommended by a friend who had been in need of rescue on the M6.
They were full of praise and as I had never heard of them I did a bit of research and they were highly rated by Auto Express and the Telegraph also.

Not sure if that is a lot of help, but I certainly have had no qualms about renewing them each time. No hard sell, no epic list of add on "features" that you are unlikely to ever need, pretty much the same price each time.
Whats not to like???
:thumb:

Sounds good me Pete thanks. As ever it's hard to gauge as we hope we're never in a position to call on it but it's better than 'joining at the roadside' and getting ripped off.

I have AutoAid but have not used it but bought on various positive reports.
It provides cover over my bikes ,various cars etc & also when Mrs. K8rum is driving as well.
Seems to be outstanding value.

I've had the cover for a few years but never had to call them. I remember doing a fair bit of searching at the time and these came out on top of all reviews. No home breakdown cover though so you need to be 1 mile away to call them.

I've been a member for years, had to call them out 3 times.

They sub out to local contractors.

I've never actually been recovered, once was a coil pack on a golf which they carried, one was my 996 Rad going they topped up and followed me home, and the latest was this week the wife's golf dash lit up and they came and read the code, turbo actuator duff and we decided it was safe to drive it home.

Each time they were at the car within an hour.

Possibly better than the big names as they have their pick of contractors, and can send whoever is available rather than wait for who is on shift.

I've signed up with them as spouse cover is included at the standard price :thumb:

Does that cover European breakdown, seems very cheap if it does?

I have had my first breakdown for a while and as I have been with ADAC for a couple of years and now it got tested .. twice .. on Friday. I called them and they are in partnership with the AA in the UK so an AA van came out, it was just like having AA cover but you get everything included and is only £75 a year.

Some breakdown companies have an vehicle age limit, usually 15 years and over don't get covered. With ADAC there is no worries no matter what age the car is, you get covered at home or the whole of Europe no matter what you drive and covers all my cars.

What do they mean by "eligible vehicle"?

I'd be surprised if there's not some age of car clause in the policy. :dont know:

Few questions here:

1) they cover you or spouse in ANY car, i.e. you could be picking up a banger or helping a mate out.....

2) they do cover you at home, just homestart, no onward travel at home. Incidentally onward travel when you are 1 mile from home is anywhere in the UK.

3) they do not cover you in Europe, they have eurorescue at £95

4) any age of car. I think eligible vehicle means car i.e. not a commercial vehicle

infrasilver said:
Does that cover European breakdown, seems very cheap if it does?

I have had my first breakdown for a while and as I have been with ADAC for a couple of years and now it got tested .. twice .. on Friday. I called them and they are in partnership with the AA in the UK so an AA van came out, it was just like having AA cover but you get everything included and is only £75 a year.

Some breakdown companies have an vehicle age limit, usually 15 years and over don't get covered. With ADAC there is no worries no matter what age the car is, you get covered at home or the whole of Europe no matter what you drive and covers all my cars.

+1 for ADAC. :thumbs:

I'm with autoaid. Had to use them last September when the fanbelt went on a mates mk6 golf on our way to do the 3 peaks.

Called them at about 11.30pm near Loch Lomond, they had a local recovery company there in 30 minutes and recovered the car all the way back to Nottingham within 6 hours although we did have to change recovery firms at Keswick as the driver wouldn't have had enough hours to cover the trip.

They rang several times during the journey to check all passengers were OK and they didn't charge me anything up front as it was a full recovery which was good as id expected to pay the lot and claim it back later.

I'm also with them, after an unbelievable poor experience with AA. Had to use them during recent bad weather. Absolutely no issue. They took wife, car and I 125miles home. Also, they don't waste time requiring endless proof that you have a valid policy with them.

I am now with Autoaid, have not needed to use them but the reviews online and on here look good which gives me some confidence. My 911 and M Coupe are insured with Classicline so I have European breakdown cover included on those. I use Autoaid to cover my other two BMWs.

I was previously with ADAC for 8 years, needed them twice. First time had great service from the AA. Second time was complete rubbish.

To be fair it was boxing day but they took over 15 hours from calling the ADAC which in itself was a nightmare (and cost me £30 in mobile charges) to the AA turning up (on the 27th). I did explain that I had young children with me but it made no difference. I was staying with family and the car was on the drive with a failed alternator so were not going to freeze or starve.

Once they arrived the AA could not tow me because they had the wrong kind of vehicle to tow an estate car.

Spoke to ADAC again trying to get the car relayed to my home address 90 miles away and their response was that they could not as it would be the second visit from the AA......... not my fault that they sent the wrong recovery truck first time around.........I spent ages trying to argue it out with them, talking to managers etc and got no where.

Best they would offer was a relay to the nearest garage.

Luckily the local Halfords had an alternator in stock and were open on the 27th so drove it there had it fitted that afternoon and got on my way.......with no help from the ADAC.

The ADAC on that occasion was a total waste of time and money......... computer says no (in a German accent)

My feeling is that the AA would always prioritise their own customers which is why I had to wait 15hrs for assistance.

For what it is worth I would never use the ADAC again :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back