Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bloody annoying interior rattle ,any suggestions

Demort said:
boardingnath997 said:
I'm sure I've got the same noise in my 997.2 on the rear passenger side. To me it seems like either the seat/seat belt or trim around that area. The sound disappeared for a week or so recently but is now back! Keep us posted on the solution, fingers crossed!

Can anyone who has covered the rear seat pins with tape or felt post a photo?

Its simples ..

Lower the upright of the rear seats the pin that sticks out from the quarter panel then just put a bit of felt tape around it .

Dont use the plastic stuff , it needs to be felt loom tape .

Cut off about an inch and wrap it around the pin .. it wont fit snuggly in the groove as its a bit wider but that doesnt matter .

All you are trying to do is get a bit of insulation between the metal pin and the metal latch .

If you wind too much on it the seat wont lock in place .. but you would have to put a fait bit of tape on it for that .

As per the image a bit of gumi fledge on the rubber bit wouldn,t go amiss .

perfect another use for the gummi fledge and even I can do that myself :grin: :grin:

Good to hear you can't hear your rattle anymore Phil :pc:

I hope your tec James has been treated to numerous cups of coffee working in this cold :tea:

Phil i had similar rattle but in my 964 , not sure if your car has the zipped pocket in the roof lining ?... unzip and stick your hand in ! :grin: .. but seriously , feel to the side ( above the rear quarter window ) right down in there i found a lone screw , it made a hell of a knock but didnt do it all the time .

KP964 said:
Phil i had similar rattle but in my 964 , not sure if your car has the zipped pocket in the roof lining ?... unzip and stick your hand in ! :grin: .. but seriously , feel to the side ( above the rear quarter window ) right down in there i found a lone screw , it made a hell of a knock but didnt do it all the time .

It amazing what you guys have found to be causing the unwanted noise in your cars including leaving the wife and kids at home :grin:
these suggestions I am sure will help others suffering the groans, squeaks and creaks of sports car ownership :grin: :thumb:

KJD said:

I hope your tec James has been treated to numerous cups of coffee working in this cold :tea:

James turned up in thermals and at one point was so hot he had to stop :floor:
it was funny watching him go through the long list of things you guys suggested. with the exception of no AiB girls showed up. But yes many cups of coffee were supplied , I wouldnt have wanted to be working outside today even in the soft south :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
KJD said:

it was funny watching him go through the long list of things you guys suggested. with the exception of no AiB girls showed up. But yes many cups of coffee were supplied , I wouldnt have wanted to be working outside today even in the soft south :grin: :thumb:
Phill any idea what the cables was for? Seems unusual in that area??

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
KJD said:

Phill any idea what the cables was for? Seems unusual in that area??

Not totally sure but we think its either wiring for the valved exhaust or maybe the high level brake light on the RS wing as I know we had to mess about a bit with wires when we fitted the std high level delete panel like the turbos and RS have. and had to relocate the loom to it. :dont know:

My squeak is definitely the seat belt height adjuster.

I have removed it and am going to investigate stopping it making a noise as nearly £100 for a replacement is excessive.

News to follow...

.. and thanks Dermot

There are many parts inside that can cause a noise .. i normally replace them but then i have to guarentee its fixed as im chargeing for it .

I think if it was me .. i would be spraying a lot of grease inside .. youll see the metal part that touches the sides so that , there is a plastic cover which again touches the sides so that .

There is also the copper coloured spring .. so that as well !!

To try and put teflon tape on each bit just wont work so the above is my best suggestion .. bury it in grease (spray grease )

I am thinking spray plasticote on the copper parts....

Anything that provides some slip on the contact points will do .. but haveing had many of these appart i can say theres many contact points !

Got to admit though .. its the kinda noise that iritates even me and im only road testing these cars .. right by your ear .. so annoying :gunfire:

It's the tiny metallic ping/ting/click that gets in your brain !!!

Seems dispite finding and sorting one noise there is now another not so loud but still anoying ticking that was masked by the first one , this sounds like it may be outside and a heat shield or cowel somewhere investigations are underway in the rain lol :wall: :damn: :mechanic:

Old(ish) thread but I thought some might be interested, I was looking at my seat belt bolt cover as it did not adjust up and down properly, took it off and obviously it had been taken apart previously so I want a new one (one of the retaining clips is broken) so I looked at the usual suspects and it was £70 ish - from DeRoure £25. https://www.deroure.com/partinfo.as...SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=99780352100A03&SC=1&PBID=85740

Even if you go for the new replacement part it is still only £38. https://www.deroure.com/search.asp?MAK=3&MDL=25&TBL=2683&SC=1&ST=99780352100A

Matt I think its a good idea to post up these things when you find them as these anoying hard to find rattles and taps drive us mad and it gives guys points to look for, like the bloody top spring on the tip gear knob took an age to finally find it lol. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnducharme
Back