Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RS Day Oulton Park Track Day 2018

Was great to meet up again & to see & hear so many nice Porsche cars, the 996 exhaust did sound ace, I wasn't ready for that sound, made us all run away :eek: but I want one now.
Also I did wonder about his motor when he hit the rev limiter good style.

Great day want to do it again, we need a 911UK zone next year.
:thumbs:

was an awesome day, weather held out well - started raining about 5pm, track conditions were perfect after it dried out in the morning. good to see some nice cars in attendance and friendly folks. didn't see a red or yellow flag on track all day.

had some great sessions on track and car was feeling planted.

looking forward to next year! :thumb:

Nice. going very well :thumb:

peddling along their young man very enjoyable, what car is it you have ?

This:

J7aicUx.jpg

sKNIs3N.jpg

Some comments from the organizers on Pistonheads re the revving in the car park. I must admit I found it a bit 'meh" and a bit disrespectful to the guys wanting to get on track and meeting noise Regs when all you could hear over them was a car sat in the car park not racing ;-)

This morning I thought I'd expand my horizons and go and check out the Cheshire Cars and Coffee thing I saw advertised on FB. I've never been one for buffoonery in cars with doing burnouts/line lockers etc. There were a couple of nice cars there but I decided to leave around 9am as soon as I heard the first Supra doing a rev bounce. It seems like after I left the shennanigans kicked into overdrive. Not my bag and I think I'll give it a miss from here on in.
I'll put something up for April's Northwest coffee shortly. After talking to a few of you on Friday at the RS day at Oulton Park, it seems the general consensus was the same place as Februarys meet was a good choice. Let's hope for better weather next time.

conleth said:
was an awesome day, weather held out well - started raining about 5pm, track conditions were perfect after it dried out in the morning. good to see some nice cars in attendance and friendly folks. didn't see a red or yellow flag on track all day.

had some great sessions on track and car was feeling planted.

looking forward to next year! :thumb:

Good driving, looks like you were going very well indeed. Not much traffic either which is always a bonus :thumb:

Cheers mate :thumb:

Was late on in the afternoon, some folks had gone home, so nice and quiet for some clear laps. To be honest the rest of the day was good as well, driving standards great from everyone that I saw

What a fantastic day out :D

It was a pleasure, as always, to spend time with PeterS, Chief and Infrasilver, and to finally meet some of the 911uk forum members, namely Alex Yates and wizzard993, plus many others who had turned out to enjoy the day :grin:

Alex was a star with a frunk full of tea, coffee, biscuits and cakes :thumb:

The track is brilliant and it was really good to have some pax laps with PeterS and Chief, along with them having some pax laps in my car, it really helped me to get to grips with a new circuit in a short time, thanks to both of you :thumb:

Those 2 can really pedal a car along, I was staggered at Petes 964, the grip, the brakes :eek: and chiefs amber alert Cayman the way she performed was impressive to say the least.

I just hope that I didn`t get in too many peoples way as I dawdled around like miss daisy :)

I`ll definately be along next year, wouldn`t miss it for the world !

These cars, they just love it :grin:

:worship: :thumbs: :thumb:

kurlykris said:
and to finally meet some of the 911uk forum members, namely Alex Yates and wizzard993

Wizz was there? :pc:

Another member I missed!! :nooo:

I know :sad:

We need to get our 911uk act together next year and have an official meeting point :thumb:

Was great to finally meet you mate, shame I couldn`t give you any pax laps as the marshalls were really strict on the wristbands and even me and chief got black flagged into the pits as they couldn`t see my wristbands on pit lane on the way out.

Get yourself on track next time, we`ll come out with you and keep you safe and sound :thumb:

My first RS day and loved it, didn't see one red or yellow flag all day. Great track. Thanks for the Pax laps Pete, good to see that lovely 964, again. Very different to the last time I saw it, many years ago at Classic LeMans, when it was very oily :?

:thumbs:

Thank you.

Although I think it may be safer for everyone if I just stick to being the tea boy :wink: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back