Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Identify this part for me...

Paul_S

I know i should have pictures but I forgot yesterday when I was under the car doing the engine mounts.

Anyway, looking from underneath, just above the exhaust manifold is a bracket with a couple of thin metal pipes running off of it. It's held in with some star head bolts (one each I end i think) and on the left hand side one of the bolts is missing. I'm just trying onto work out of this is critical.

Could someone point me towards a part number or parts diagram so I can see what's what??

On this image, on the right side of the picture you can see it behind and to the immediate right of the manifold. You can see the two small pipes coming off (one of them is between two of the manifold pipes). I just need to find the these on the parts diagram.

KTYDSgu.jpg

It looks like the brackets that the back boxes mount on to. If there's a bolt missing you will probably get a rattling noise coming of it. You should be able to get hold of a new bolt easily enough from opc.

Is the bolt missing because the head is snapped off?

These can be as bad as manifold bolts to get out.....a lazy mechanic might have snapped it off and not drilled it out in the past.

If you have a threaded hole visible just stick another bolt in.

Not sure exactly but I think its m8x30, will be about £1 from OPC or source a marine stainless one or titanium one elsewhere.

Thanks chaps. Will get a new bolt, I think the hole was open but I'll soon find out. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back