Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Early 996 aero cars factory options

Probably worth a mention that Porsche allowed a factory-fit option for aerokit front with standard rear spoiler (for the turbo at any rate). But if the rear aerokit spoiler was specified ) its a static piece, they would only allow it if the front aerokit was fitted as well.

If it has a rear aerokit only then bear this in mind when assessing the vehicle - it could have had a rear end shunt and an owner replacing the moving spiler with the fixed piece aerokit one.

No comment on the £200 after-market copy front aerokit versus the OPC supplied genuine front aerokit.

This is the aerokit I'm talking about:
http://www.design911.co.uk/uploads/images/product/Bumper_Front/99650598601G2X.gif

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod2259/Front-Areo-Lower-Spoiler-Turbo-Porsche-996-08-2001--/

And this is the standard front spoiler for a turbo but I guess the nion-turbo will be similar:
http://www.design911.co.uk/uploads/images/product/Bumper_Front/9965053550001C.gif

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod2257/Front-Lower-Spoiler-Turbo-Porsche-996-08-2001--/

Cable throttle cars are awesome but of course, I'm biased :Happy:

Bluebird911 said:
However, even though it may be a genuine kit, to a purist judging a car against the options sticker as the car passes into classic status, it could very well affect the value if not specified on the sticker. As the OP says, the car is pretty much the Holy Grail of 996s, more so if on the options sticker!
:thumb:

If the kit is on a 'plain Jane' regular 996, then the value of it is a matter of personal taste.

Too true Bluebird!

Future buyers may accept a kitted or non-kitted car, as long as it is factory standard and is correct to the option sticker and indeed not everyone likes the Aerokit.
:thumb:

I was just pointing out that to most buyers who want an Aerokitted car, a "retro fitted genuine parts" car will probably be acceptable.
It certainly would have been to me, as I know first hand the cost and hassle involved in sourcing parts and having them fitted.

Thanks guys for all the responses.
The asking price for the car is what I believe to be top of the market however on first details it is a top car with 16 stamps in the book and and if it all stacks up then will be a great buy. It will hopefully be available in the next few weeks and I will keep you all posted.

Cheers

Ian

I looked at a handful of aero cars during my search and only one had the XAA code. All the other cars had either the 09981 or 09991 codes or both. Bar the XAA coded car they had all had the engine covers removed at some stage as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of cars had the kit fitted at the dealer and not at the factory. Having said that, I can't see it making any difference to values either way.

IanG1 said:
Thanks guys for all the responses.
The asking price for the car is what I believe to be top of the market however on first details it is a top car with 16 stamps in the book and and if it all stacks up then will be a great buy. It will hopefully be available in the next few weeks and I will keep you all posted.

Cheers

Ian

That sounds like a great car - excellent 996s are £25k+ now. Another of the Zanzibar Red GT3 "replicas", and the twin of mine, was advertised at £27k by John Holland in Sheffield last year and sold within 2 weeks. It had 46k miles on it. A very rare Carrara White aerokit 996 with 55k miles car sold for £23k through another dealer last year - it also sold within a couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed for you and I look forward to hopefully seeing pictures of it.

Hi Ian

I bought the white car Fastlane is referring to and as others have mentioned there are some more special cars out there all be it at the higher end of the price range. My car has been very well looked after over the years and all be it high owners the service history is impressive and it shows. I think it is worth paying a bit more for a good one.

My car also has the 0991 code, the Aero kit is factory made but when fitted I do not know.

Here's mine

Attachments

• 9652c40a_3d46_4d59_80c9_9ee486d6fda1_814.jpeg
    9652c40a_3d46_4d59_80c9_9ee486d6fda1_814.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 3,399
Was that the car at Revolution Porsche last year? They had a white replica 996 GT3 they were selling for a customer.

That's lovely Anthony!
Jimmy P's old car off here?

I couldn't resist lowering it a bit if it were mine and doing the wheels silver again, but I'm not teaching my granny how to suck eggs. :thumb:

Mega rare 996 colour.

Hi Cheshire 911, I don't think that was my car it has no GT3 bits just original Carrera as I like it.
Hi Marky, yes you are correct Jimmy Ps old car and I have also considered having the wheels silver, I'm actually on the look out for a set in addition to my black ones and may look at lowering a tad but it's set up nicely I think

Bit of update, got the build option details of the car and MO30 and LSD is factory but the aero kit isn't listed either as an XAA or exclusive build as mentioned previously. It also has a sunroof but that might be a plus for me even though purist my scoff. Viewing the car soon so hopefully deal can be struck.

M030 is a nice option as is the LSD. A personally don't like sunroofs, but it wouldn't have stopped me buying my car had it had one.
Condition, history and maintenance are the things that really count in my opinion.

Thought I would update the thread for those who were kind enough to respond to say I viewed the car on Saturday and a deal has been struck. Car is having a few minor items sorted and I pick it up this coming Saturday. I am chuffed to bits after searching for almost a year for a car that ticked the boxes.
Quick pic below but will post more when I have the car.

Attachments

• 177159_15_big_163.jpg
    177159_15_big_163.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 3,012
That looks lovely - looks like GT3-low too! Look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing all about it.

Congratulations! :D

It's running H&R springs on the M030 dampers to achieve ride height on the lines of a GT3.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back