Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PDK and throttle reset procedure

Quick update, I rang my local OPC and its going in on Monday for a test drive to highlight the issues mentioned. Will update...

Interesting thread. Mine is starting to feel a bit clunky when setting off. I was reversing up a steep hill the other day and it felt as if it was slipping in and out of drive.
Online investigations would suggest software update. It's due a PDK clutch oil renewal but as suggested here, I'll request a transmission oil change too.
Trouble is we have a new Macan GTS and the PDK feels super crispy and sharp... So when I get in the 911 it feels a bit tired in comparison.

double clutch TM are bad in reverse, I guy with a GTR burned out a clutch pack reversing out of his drive up a small hill when cold

solved by reversing in at night

robbiej said:
double clutch TM are bad in reverse, I guy with a GTR burned out a clutch pack reversing out of his drive up a small hill when cold

solved by reversing in at night

Oh right. Thanks for that :thumb:

When I thought about it, it was the first time I'd reversed up a hill since I bought the car over two years ago.

Jcx said:
Your additional ponies have killed the PDK ;-)

Ha ha, nah doubt it. PDK is amazing on the run. Just a bit lumpy setting off...

So guys, an update...

The car went to OPC Brooklands and they decided after a test drive by the technician and myself to take the car in and recalibrate the PDK gearbox.

I have now had it back about a month and a few hundred miles later, have to say that all the niggles I described previously have completely gone!

No low speed stutter or surging revs at higher speed and the car feels much smoother to drive.

At first I was a bit worried that the car felt "detuned" but actually after giving it a few blasts, there was nothing to worry about, just me getting used to the new set up!

I guess I could have lived with the old set up but it definitely drives much better now, so worth investigating.

The PDK box has had its adaptions reset .. it will learn your driveing style but will take a bit before its learned all settings .

Sounds like a good result though :thumb:

Demort said:
The PDK box has had its adaptions reset .. it will learn your driveing style but will take a bit before its learned all settings .

Sounds like a good result though :thumb:

Technician at OPC Wilmslow said today 20,000 settings? Does that sound right?

Not sure .. theres a whole load of primary ones that HAVE to be learned .. they can be seen on a tester .. 2 of us used to road test these at different rpm / speeds to set them .

There will be many adaptions to allow the car to learn your style and anticipate your input .

Tiptronics were the same .

I assume its easier currently as im 3 years out of date on them now .. time seems to fly these days sigh .

Hopefully ill be getting access to the Porsche system later this year so ill catch up on the current fixes / bulletin then .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back