Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New car purchased.

Re: New car this weekend maybe?

Will let you know if I get it - already ordered some side stripes just in case ;-)[/quote]
I sent looking for that bloke on eBay you mentioned who did the stripes and couldn't find him. Threw the towel in at the end

Respect for negotiating a price on the cab whilst the UK was covered in snow. Good strategy :thumb:

Les said:
She'll say its too cold with the roof down at speed, and we will end up driving 85% of the time with it up or slowly with it down.
That's what used to happen in my old 996.2 Cab.

Don't think so Les. Once you get past Lyon and the Temp's over 30c, she'll not be saying it's too cold. I even tried driving faster on my way down to cool off. 160mph with the top down and unfortunately never got any cooler.

May I suggest you hank a left before Lyon, head to Grenoble, then down the D1075 down to Sisteron. Runs parallel to Route Napoleon, but I prefer it to RN.

I do love a midnight blue cabriolet (I need to get mine out of the garage)! Why would you want to cover up that beautiful colour with stripes though?

tom_nieto said:
I do love a midnight blue cabriolet (I need to get mine out of the garage)! Why would you want to cover up that beautiful colour with stripes though?

I had them on my old Turbo, and have stuck a set on every Porsche since.
It would feel wrong without them.

Make sure you have PSE or Gundo Hack. Tunnel blasting in a cabrio roof down is rather amusing :)

Little known factoid is that the 997 was designed as a cabrio first, so it was stiff enough, then made into a coupe, not the other way around. Always laugh at people who tell me coupes are much better because they don't flop around like a spineless fish :)

resigner said:
Make sure you have PSE or Gundo Hack. Tunnel blasting in a cabrio roof down is rather amusing :)

Little known factoid is that the 997 was designed as a cabrio first, so it was stiff enough, then made into a coupe, not the other way around. Always laugh at people who tell me coupes are much better because they don't flop around like a spineless fish :)

My current has an X-Pipe with Gundo, and I'm planning on doing the same to the Cabriolet.

Picked up the car a day early, so I have the weekend to enjoy it, and the weather report..... Rain for the next 8 days. :sad:

midnight.jpg

:thumbs:

Congrats

Looks great, congrats! :thumb:

Nice. Hope the rain forecast isn't correct!
( Thanks for link to stripes i've ordered a set on the recommendation at that price worth a punt.) :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back