Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''m Exhausted

You need to stop worrying about neighbours :lol:

Mines in for a custom exhaust at the minute, With CGR automotive in rotherham (seen you're in south yorkshire).

He makes his own silencers, with a multitude of options for volume levels.

I've gone for 2 silencers and an X pipe but i'm not expecting it to be quiet. But the option is there to make it as quiet as factory should that have been what i wanted.

I'm not really surprised they're on back order, The manufacturing was probably third party and nearly 10 years ago for the start of gen 2 production.

I'll put up a thread with lots of vids when i collect it (weather's stopping play)

Thanks Neil.

Will be interested in seeing that post once you're ready.

Passed her MOT today so have some breathing space time. Studying the latest Topgear update from Alex with interest. I feel a pm coming on.

Urban Ranger said:
Passed her MOT today so have some breathing space time. Studying the latest Topgear update from Alex with interest. I feel a pm coming on.

Great news its through the MOT mate, as you say give you some breathing space.
Yes have another look at the Topgear options as they do a "mild sports" set up as well as a "gates of hell" set up or the valvetronic which give you quiet early mornings ( nice neighbour mode) also you have the option with the press of a button to have (BIG GRIN mode) and big wieght savings and BHP gains as a bonus and no remaps needed with just the exhaust .
And now for the biggest win, the Holiday with the wife you can have with the savings over an OE PSE if they ever come back into stock,
Added as part of the man maths negotiation points needed to get aggreement from the wife to buy an exhaust. :floor: :grin: :floor:
Has to be well worth considering :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Urban Ranger said:

Yes have another look at the Topgear options as they do a "mild sports" set up as well as a "gates of hell" set up or the valvetronic which give you quiet early mornings ( nice neighbour mode) also you have the option with the press of a button to have (BIG GRIN mode) and big wieght savings and BHP gains as a bonus and no remaps needed with just the exhaust .
And now for the biggest win, the Holiday with the wife you can have with the savings over an OE PSE if they ever come back into stock,
Added as part of the man maths negotiation points needed to get aggreement from the wife to buy an exhaust. :floor: :grin: :floor:

Calculator out for the man maths. However my maths was thinking watch change. :floor:

Urban Ranger said:
Phil 997 said:
Urban Ranger said:

Calculator out for the man maths. However my maths was thinking watch change. :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: shhhhh we wont tell the wife mate :grin:

My calculator got excited and spelled both Kline and Omega when you turned it upside down :grin:

We need to be careful openly discussing the man maths calculator , as far as I am aware one has never fallen into the hands of a woman , or if it has they havent known what it was and its been quickly retrieved.
It should remain a myth to them and we must not leave any physical evidence of its real existence or how we recieved secret training on its use while at school, while the women were in that secret lesson they must have had on how to manipulate men. :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
We need to be careful openly discussing the man maths calculator , as far as I am aware one has never fallen into the hands of a woman , or if it has they havent known what it was and its been quickly retrieved.
It should remain a myth to them and we must not leave any physical evidence of its real existence or how we recieved secret training on its use while at school, while the women were in that secret lesson they must have had on how to manipulate men. :grin: :grin: :thumb:
love this but for me it was my grandad who taught me the man maths god bless him he used to spend money on some weird stuff always saying 'it'll be worth something one day" it wasn't :floor: my man maths would be the watch or more mods👍

I had a similar OPC experience, ended up having to use Sheffield as sorted by Porsche GB my local Indy gets my work! I'd rather not have warranty of any type but put money away for any big maintenance.

OMG what have we started

Firstly everyone knows man maths would never qualify for Mensa. To suggest it's part of a secret illuminati fails to cover one thing; the illumination is by a 40w energy saving light bulb. By the time it's up to full brightness your wife has easily added up your purchase, giving you the time honoured 4 letter description of your smartness, DUMB!

I wear the crown with accepted recognition of I'm always out gunned :worship: :floor:

Urban Ranger said:
OMG what have we started

Firstly everyone knows man maths would never qualify for Mensa. To suggest it's part of a secret illuminati fails to cover one thing; the illumination is by a 40w energy saving light bulb. By the time it's up to full brightness your wife has easily added up your purchase, giving you the time honoured 4 letter description of your smartness, DUMB!

I wear the crown with accepted recognition of I'm always out gunned :worship: :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: very true , reminds me of when I brought my first valvetronic exhaust with 200cell cats , sneaked off had it fitted, switched it to stealth mode as I pulled into my road parked in the drive went in very pleased with myself. Next morning got up went out to go to work started the car "gates of hell" :eek: :eek: :damn: :wtf: :thewife: :thewife: :splat: :thewife: :thewife: shes hanging out of the window frowing at me . Well no one told me its default setting was loud and it had reset to default overnight . :grin: :grin: so you are right we always come unstuck in the end :grin: :thumb: So remember to switch it to stealth in the mornings before starting the car

Had the PSE installed.

Did not have a great experience with the OPC though. Took 4 days instead of 2.

There was 300 extra miles on the car which I was not happy about. Also the morons left the car with an empty tank with the needle registering hardly any movement on starting. I was anxious and on the edge of my seat on my way to the petrol pump (nearest 5 miles away).

Rang them - they apologised for the petrol and denied the excessive mileage. I checked it before the car left - should have taken a photo of it.

Anyway, back to the PSE
As was pointed out in an earlier post PSE by itself is not enough, it will need a bypass as well. The sound is slightly better than stock.

Hope the sound does improve with the bypass pipe.

I have a R8 V8 with a milltek exhaust, the sound is amazing. Deep and not too loud and it is a coupe. You can still hear it quite clearly inside the car.

I'm chuffed to hear you managed to get yours fitted. I since my last post I haven't received one call from the OPC :dont know:

I'm shocked to hear you've found 300 miles on the car, with double the time delay and returned with an empty tank that's just disgraceful.

I've yet to get mine sorted and haven't participated in the group buy so I've a decision to make. Having heard you think it's not enough with just the PSE and you'll need a bypass is even more to consider :?:

Glad you've got it sorted and I hope they do something over the fuel and mileage.

Urban Ranger said:
I'm chuffed to hear you managed to get yours fitted. I since my last post I haven't received one call from the OPC :dont know:

I'm shocked to hear you've found 300 miles on the car, with double the time delay and returned with an empty tank that's just disgraceful.

I've yet to get mine sorted and haven't participated in the group buy so I've a decision to make. Having heard you think it's not enough with just the PSE and you'll need a bypass is even more to consider :?:

Glad you've got it sorted and I hope they do something over the fuel and mileage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back