Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheels from the states

Gazc2

I have the chance of an old set of BBS from the states however no surprise the shipping and taxes is a killer anyone suggest any alternatives not in any hurry to get them ,possibbly throw them in a container if anyone is shipping a car ?

Gaz

Do you pay import tax on used goods?

If the seller declares that they are used 2nd hand parts I thought you didn't?

Strangely there does seem to be import tax on used goods over approx £35 in value , I think the theory is that UK tax wasn't paid on the item when new.
Even if they are shipped as a gift it's taxable.
There are companies that will ship as combined ground freight but usually they have to be collected from a central depot and the location is dependant on who you use but its often the cheapest option.

Someone like these guys who combine shipping and sell space on other peoples shipments.

https://www.uship.com/ship

hope that helps :thumb:

It's a killer as you say, paid a healthy whack when importing some cup 1 mags' from california. Depends what value the contents are noted as and if all goes pear shaped what the Insurance would pay.... Nothing like the feeling of opening boxes that have travelled half way around the globe wondering what you'll find inside... :eek: :thumb:

My understanding is

20% vat on purchase price + you also pay vat on the shipping charge

4.5% import duty on wheels this varies depending what your parts are.

so cost of wheels plus above charges and shipping for 4 wheels appears to be £250-£300

so it ends up an expensive proposition

Auto Shipping

I would like to get some recommendations for Auto shipping. I want to ship my truck from Alabama to Alaska. thanks

Re: Auto Shipping

Stephny said:
I would like to get some recommendations for Auto shipping. I want to ship my truck from Alabama to Alaska. thanks

:eek: :eek: :eek: 10 out of 10 for the most bizare question ever to ask a UK based Porsche forum :floor: :floor: :floor: :grin: :thumb:

try www.fatyanktrucks.com :grin: :grin: or watch smokey and the bandit .
Say Hi to Sarah when you see her :thumb:

How heavy are they?

It might actually be cheaper to fly over, stick them in your checked in luggage and come back - I've bought all sorts like that in the USA and never had to pay the dreaded import taxes...

mikeluke said:
How heavy are they?

It might actually be cheaper to fly over, stick them in your checked in luggage and come back - I've bought all sorts like that in the USA and never had to pay the dreaded import taxes...

Good way to justify a trip to Vegas too :judge:

I`m not convinced many of these replies are overly helpful :hand: any joy with your truck stephny :?:

Gazc2 said:
I`m not convinced many of these replies are overly helpful :hand: any joy with your truck stephny :?:

I'm negotiating 12 gross of elephant's bluters and 36 Seagull 3hp outboard motors to go in the back of it :bandit:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back