Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

German Heavy Metal...

GMG

Suzuka
...as a member of the BMW owners club (my daily driver is a BMW 630) this month's Straight Six magazine features the M3CSL and the engineers discussing how they achieved its super light weight...

The car weighs 1385kg which I believe is heavier than a bog standard 996!

Places this fantastic and underrated Porsche into perspective and also sticks one in the eye of all the 996 critic's who raised a rumpus about Porsche having the audacity of introducing a new model that was lighter,stiffer and faster!

All true, I guess it is easier to make a 2+2 sports car light weight than to start of with a family 4 seater and make it light. I have thought before that the light weight of the standard 996 C2 is often overlooked. The C2 and the CSL are both great cars, but in very different ways.

MC

Thread dissapoint. Wanted this.

640px-Rammstein_Live_at_Madison_Square_Garden.jpg

Was thinking Ramstein 😆

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back