Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cheapo ebay manfiolds

Dotting for interest.

We've actually found the cheapo manifolds to be pretty good, have removed a few of those on installs. They can take a bit longer to get off the vehicle but generally they don't fail any faster than originals. YMMV.

Heard it before:

Slutters said:
China crap, if they do fit properly i will be surprised. They will be made of thin walled 'stainless' and will probably crack like most of the china manifolds do.

Slutters said:
alex yates said:
'china crap' :floor:

But they are :wink: Your only kidding yourself if you think different.

Had mine on nearly 4 years now. I live in one of the dampest areas in the Uk, use the car everyday and it lives outside. Not had any problems as yet......unlike my DANSK sport back boxes that lasted just over 12 months.

Slutters said:
Look like cheap thin walled rubbish to me

Just out of interest what thickness are the 'expensive" manifolds fabricated in and what material is advertised?

I'll measure/check mine and can confirm their composition - will happily post that up with pics prior to them going on this weekend.

I did that when I bought mine. All claimed dimensions were correct.

there is always one fcuktard per thread these days.

TopGear Exhausts said:
Dotting for interest.

We've actually found the cheapo manifolds to be pretty good, have removed a few of those on installs. They can take a bit longer to get off the vehicle but generally they don't fail any faster than originals. YMMV.

Hi Alex, interesting to read your comments on the cheapo manifolds, are your manifolds made 'in house'?

Cheers Jez :thumb:

NLW73 said:

Just regurgitating the same from over 3 years ago here: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97476

As they say, proof's in the pudding and my pudding has done very well out of them. That's enough hard evidence for me to recommend them to others.

Gooey36 said:
Slutters said:
Look like cheap thin walled rubbish to me

Just out of interest what thickness are the 'expensive" manifolds fabricated in and what material is advertised?

I'll measure/check mine and can confirm their composition - will happily post that up with pics prior to them going on this weekend.

Going by a proper manifold made by K Line, your looking at 4KG each:

http://www.kline-innovation.com/exhaust-collection/porsche/996-2/996-carrera/

Be interesting to see what weight the China one is.

You get what you pay for in my mind, there is a reason the K Line ones at £1000+

alex yates said:
NLW73 said:

Just regurgitating the same from over 3 years ago here: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97476

As they say, proof's in the pudding and my pudding has done very well out of them. That's enough hard evidence for me to recommend them to others.

Just because they fit your car and have not cracked does not mean they are any good, and more than likely flow worse than stock...

You don't see 9E one of the best tuners in Europe using Chinese manifolds do you? Why?

Slutters said:
Just because they fit your car and have not cracked does not mean they are any good, and more than likely flow worse than stock...

Do you have one bit of credible evidence to back up anything you've stated?

alex yates said:
Slutters said:

You don't see 9E one of the best tuners in Europe using Chinese manifolds do you? Why?

Slutters said:
alex yates said:
Slutters said:

So none then.

Ah......9E......who yank ims bearings out engines in situ and replace with those rubbish LN ones :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back