Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk discount at Top Gear exhaust, Bridport for GROUP BUY

Armagreggon85 said:
Martyg said:
I'm up for this, 200 cell x pipe for a 2002 C4S. Only thing is not sure whether to go for the normal size or the 63mm with reducer. Is there much difference?

Also for 20% off I'll take a 200cell x pipe for my early 3.4 996.

Do we know whether there's much difference between the big bore and standard diameter ?

Alex will probably explain more but on my 997.1 the big bore had a slightly deeper note and clearly higher flow gas exit :grin: :grin:

Hello everyone! :bye: :D :) :thumbs: :worship:

Sincere apologies for the lack of response until now, the 911UK team and I were in discussions about becoming an approved trader here and they naturally lock down the account until the process is finished. I must take a moment to compliment the 911UK team on their fast response and customer care. And of course Phil997 our "official unofficial sales rep without commission" as I like to affectionately refer to him, he is a big reason why we ended up becoming active on this forum :wink: .

In case you haven't spotted our introduction thread in the Newbies forum, my name is Alexander and I am a co-owner and Director of Top Gear (Bridport) Ltd and its subsidiaries. My job role varies depending on need on a weekly basis but my pet project is enthusiast forums like this one and handling our B2C sales. When you speak to me your speaking to the source & decision-maker, I won't fob you off saying I need to check with my manager :hand:

First of all, some specific responses to queries raised-

Quotes with Responses
Martyg said:
I'm up for this, 200 cell x pipe for a 2002 C4S. Only thing is not sure whether to go for the normal size or the 63mm with reducer. Is there much difference?

Interesting bit of history, the bigger bore X-Pipe cat design was created by my big brother Christian who went on to found Kline Innovation.

The bigger bore catalytic converters are built to order on jig table, they tend to be a little louder and a little more powerful than the standard 54MM pipework. However both are direct fit (the 63MM tapers down via an included joiner pipe).

GavC said:
Wish I had known last week about this, just got some 200 cell cats from them!!! Though must say good quality and got 10% off,but 20% would have been better!!

While I can't back-date the discount for you, am happy to "keep it on file" the next time your in the market for another mod as it was so close in your case.

peterzoom said:
Count me in for a lovely shiny set of PORSCHE 911 996 CARRERA 200 CELL Xpipe SPORTS CATS 2.5" 63MM please.

I do have a question regarding clamps and all the associated fittings. Are these available from TOPGEAR also? If they are is it possible to have them in stainless also?

Good question. We provide four 60MM stainless steel clamps with all 996 back-boxes. We also include two joiner pipes as needed for the big bore cats, I believe we don't provide these with other catalytic converter models as the originals will work, but if its a deal breaker just mention you want joiner pipes when ordering standard cats etc. and the dispatch team will make some for you as they pack the order, is very quick process and not an issue.

With the 911 996 carrera aggressive sound back boxes we also include a pair of clamps which assist with the tailpipe fitment, on some models the tails can be a little bit tricky to get onto the olives this is why we include it on this product line only.

PHS said:
Can I add my name here please

Mild sport silencers
200 Cell Sports Cats

I saw there is a bundle option for these two, is this eligible for the same deal on top?

God help us but the two deals are compatible :bandit: :thumbs: :floor:

Group Buy Logistics

We appear to have enough interest to justify an 17% off our retail price introduction to 911UK group buy! If we get 25+ interested parties by Saturday the 10th I will commit to 20% for everyone. I'll be working solely off this forum thread and any PM's from members and I will dutifully PM all interested parties the coupon code on the evening of Saturday the 10th. The coupon code is applied at the Shopping Cart stage of the buying process, once the items you wish to purchase are in your cart.

The group buy will run from the evening of Saturday the 10th of March till the evening of Saturday the 24th of March.

Potential FAQ's

• Why the Delay? We are of a mind that perhaps some members were waiting for us to make this group buy official, we ran something similar on Rennlist a few months back and a lot of people felt they missed out. But more importantly on my end, the nasty weather in the south-west (Red weather alert!) meant we were on completely skeleton staff for most of last week as they couldn't make it to work. This has put us severely behind on our orders back-log and our Longlife and Powerflow franchises are under severe pressure to be supplied for work they have had to put back from last week. So i'd rather take the group buy sales over the weekend and early part of next week to better handle flow of dispatch. Finally, this gives you guys the chance to get the discount up a little higher in exchange for the waiting.

What is the carriage charge & how soon would my items arrive? We offer an economy service free carriage option which should be 2 days from dispatch to arrival or an expedited service at £25 including VAT which will reach you next working day. Most items are on the shelf and ready to ship, however if you are ordering Big Bore cats from us, we only tend to keep a couple made at a time so there is likely to be up to a week's order processing time on these depending on the quantity bought via the group buy. I have cleared the fabricator's schedule (lovely Polish chap we nickname The Machine who Phil997 might recall meeting, just got back from training our dealers in the states) so he can pump these out as fast as possible.

Is this group buy only for UK customers? No, we can ship worldwide with our DHL account. Our website compares the weight of your shopping cart to a price table and charges carriage accordingly. In addition, if your ordering outside the EU you will not pay VAT through our checkout.

Do I have to buy through the website/Can I ring to place an order? We would prefer all sales to go through our stock controlled website www.topgear.co.uk. You can communicate with me here via PM if you really don't want to use the website and I can manually Paypal invoice you, but our preference is the site to minimise processing error and to accurately track the coupon usage. I am available by phone if you wish, just ping me your number via PM or ask for mine and we can arrange a call. You are better off not ringing our Head Office and speaking to staff there, we have new staff on reception and i'm handling this group buy personally.

Can I have a fitted price on my exhaust? I would be happy to quote you for fitment in Bridport, Dorset but it is kind of tucked away in the south-west! Alternatively I can do my best to get you a quote from your closest Longlife or Powerflow franchise for fitment only. The franchise is best approached only for fitment rather than both fitment and supply as the coupon code will make the supply chain uneconomical for them to also supply the exhaust through them. Caveat- We can ship the purchased exhaust straight to our dealer if this is your preference.

Can I share the coupon code with my non-forum friend? Absolutely, yes. Please let me know how many additional coupon codes you will require so I can set it up to handle the volume correctly. This will also count towards the target of 25 interested parties!

I was a little late to the party and the item/items I was interested in are now out of stock! We're fairly well stocked right now so except for 54MM X-Pipe cats I don't foresee this being an issue. We are very sorry if you miss out but not all items are produced in our Head Office, some are supplied to us by our factories overseas and when we factored our production runs we didn't know about this group buy yet :dont know: . However, I am happy to reserve your discount and reserve you the stock, for purchase upon availability with no deposit required.

I heard tell TopGear lifetime guarantee their systems, is this true? Yes, we guarantee all of our silencers, full systems and tube-work. I haven't ever had to deal with a failed manifold on Porsche so when it actually happens, we'll draw up our guarantee policy on them! Catalytic converters are excluded from this lifetime guarantee but we've had so few fail over the last decade (pretty much none) that this has never really been an issue. As Phil997 will attest to, we're inclined to help in most cases, we dealt with a minor issue with his cats free of charge and threw in a carbon clean for him as a VIP also. Valves on valved systems are arguably the most likely elements to fail after some usage, we typically replace these FOC although they aren't strictly under guarantee.

Would you like me to leave a review of your product post group buy on the forum? Absolutely! Even if you aren't 100% satisfied we are big believers in consumer transparency and peer recommendations. The happy feedback of our customers is a precious currency we would be delighted for you to spend on our behalf, thank you!

Do your products require an ECU Remap to operate/I am interested in remapping my Porsche Unless you opt for 100 Cell cats, all of our products are MOT and emissions compliant and should not raise CEL (check engine lights). I am happy to quote for a remap for you. Interestingly, as well as offering Remapping alongside a fitting quote here in Bridport and at certain franchises, we also offer a direct tune tool for most Porsche models, the TGT Flash. This will let you read the vehicle yourself and liaise directly with our file writing team. The device will store both your modified map and original map and let you switch between them without the faff of going to a tuner. If your Porsche main dealer kindly wipes your customer written map off your vehicle and flashes it back to standard, you can fix it yourself in minutes, just plug the tool back into the OBD port and re-write the file onto it :thumb:. PM for details.

Personal (and slightly rambling) Note

Classically, Topgear hasn't modernised very fast and we mostly sold on EBay, weren't active on the forums, we had no website, customer list or even stock controlled listings when I joined the family business about three years ago. Bear in mind our bread and butter was the exhaust franchise network then, chiefly Powerflow, and so B2C was a second and smaller revenue stream for us for a long time.

This is relevant because to be honest, that lack of modernism has meant we have kept prices lower than I would like on many ranges; we simply didn't used to have the presence in the market to command the same asking price as our competitors such as Dansk (not trying to name-and-shame them, just an example that springs to mind), you'll note with our 996 non-valved back boxes we are cheaper at £450 including VAT as well as having the best guarantee in the industry on our products.

I'm not here to tell a sob story :sad: don't worry, all i'm trying to get at is that we don't have the same kind of margins as many of our competitors do. Therefore I'd simply like to gently ask any participating members of the group buy to help our marketing efforts with video. Anything you reckon we'd be interested in, we'd be very grateful for. Pictures of the product freshly fitted, GoPro runs, start up sound video on your iPhone, cabin noise, a drive-by, a review to our website post-purchase? Everything is welcome and appreciated and you'll also be helping other Porsche owners to make a more informed and transparent purchasing decision.

Thank you sincerely for your time and interest in our products :worship: .

Perfect Alex thank you for the kind words, well apart from the bit about zero commision :floor: :floor: :floor:
But seriously I am happy to recommend your products and service and I am so confident in the quality that they deserve to be recommended. The few times I have been down to your HO I have found all the team there motivated and interested whether it was the girl on the front desk or the guy packing the international orders who took pride in telling me where things were going etc .
even the admin girls upstairs were smiley and friendly (stop it you lot lol) and your coffee is good as well .

Give my regards to "the machine" what a really nice guy who just kept saying sorry to me over and over , when I asked him why he was sorry , he looked at me and said "because I made your big bore cats and I have let you down" I was astonished at this guys genuine attitude especially as the issue was so minor and without fail he fixed it infact over fixed it, the cats will still be going long after the cars gone to the scrapyard :floor: :floor: .

I hope the group buy goes well for everyone and with all these new exhausts going on I am going to be having some sound off competition :grin: :grin: :thumb:

TopGear Exhausts said:
PHS said:

Mild sport silencers
200 Cell Sports Cats

I saw there is a bundle option for these two, is this eligible for the same deal on top?

Thanks for that.

While it is fresh in the mind (and apologies for the slight thread hijack), I am trying to get away from the Dansk Super Sound silencers I have on the car now, so I just wanted to check how the mild silencers and cats will affect the sound. I'd like it a fair bit quieter if possible (but keeping the performance). I assume this is going to work?

I'll be ready to buy as soon as the coupon is live so appreciate the response and will definitely post some videos once complete.

Paul

PHS said:
TopGear Exhausts said:
PHS said:

Mild sport silencers
200 Cell Sports Cats

Thanks for that.

While it is fresh in the mind (and apologies for the slight thread hijack), I am trying to get away from the Dansk Super Sound silencers I have on the car now, so I just wanted to check how the mild silencers and cats will affect the sound. I'd like it a fair bit quieter if possible (but keeping the performance). I assume this is going to work?

I'll be ready to buy as soon as the coupon is live so appreciate the response and will definitely post some videos once complete.

Paul

Yeah, combination of mild sport and the standard (non X-Pipe) cats should achieve what you are after.

This is just a quick post to say thanks to TopGear for posting and to register my commitment to buy a set of 200 cell non-x-pipe cats.

Can someone with more time on their hands than me please get over to rennlist and tell them about this group buy so we can get it down to 20%?

Can someone with more time on their hands than me please get over to rennlist and tell them about this group buy so we can get it down to 20%?[/quote]

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT :thumb:

I would be in for the 200 cel sport cats for my 2002 996 C4S.

Just a note as I realise this wasn't made clear, this group buy is available for any country, not just UK. Carriage is charged by shopping cart weight and is competitive.

I am interested in 200 cell xpiped cats for my 996 as well as sports sound silencers. Thanks!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back