Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The should I shouldn''t I thread.......

I was gonna get the GTS on the road for the 1st as well, but my new daily, which landed with me on the 1st, is providing me with so much fun, plus the rubbish weather means the GTS can stay in the garage till next month👍

Fancied a hatch for the mundane things, but my new Astra VXR, with 280bhp as standard on tap , s proving to be a absolute blast! Never thought a Vauxhall could be so cabable, read as bloody quick😳😜

ragpicker said:
After having all new fixings put on the turbo after its rebuild and running it in during this weather (and washing it after each run) I can confirm they are all corroded. Its only been a month :roll:

Salt, water and metal = corrosion. Heat just speeds it up massively.

Worrying... although unsurprising when you see the state of brake discs after an overnight stop during the winter.

Oh crikey tell me about it, I though it was me with 'dirty car stress' :oops:

Just before the snow it was a nice warm dry evening, so was itching to get the car out and out it came.
Cleaned to death inside and out the mota is.

5 miles later with a dip in the road and a lake across the road... Well a puddle actually nearly a centimetre deep.

Couldn't stand it I pulled up, got out and looked at it.
A meter wide it was and as deep as a fingernail.

So how mad is it I spent a good 5 mins weighing it up.. And I thought it was just me. :?:

Tobyone said:
Oh crikey tell me about it, I though it was me with 'dirty car stress' :oops:

Just before the snow it was a nice warm dry evening, so was itching to get the car out and out it came.
Cleaned to death inside and out the mota is.

5 miles later with a dip in the road and a lake across the road... Well a puddle actually nearly a centimetre deep.

Couldn't stand it I pulled up, got out and looked at it.
A meter wide it was and as deep as a fingernail.

So how mad is it I spent a good 5 mins weighing it up.. And I thought it was just me. :?:

:floor:

I think that is just you!

I had planned on Taxing mine on the 1st but as yet haven't bothered, the roads round me are so shi**y I can't be bothered to get the Porsche out till the rains washed them off a bit. Unfortunately having lost 3 days work because of the last weeks weather it's looking as if I can't get time off to get to Oulton on Friday as I planned so it's a double whammy! Not happy🙁

You think you have problems........!

I have a mot and service booked for Friday and by the looks of it its gonna rain.

The Anticipation is torture :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back