Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Side Skirts ....

911DG said:
Phil 997 said:

Sweet! They look great cheers Phil. £280 is a good price.

Question - do they bottom out on speed bumps etc? My front splitter catches on almost Every down ramp in Every multi story car park and makes a horrible scraping sound. It doesn't seem to damage it but I wince every time so wondering about the Skirts ?

Cheeers

Dan :thumb:

No mate even on a lowered car the sides never scraped used to think they might over speed bumps but they dont just the front lip and the front mud flap thingys in front of the front tyres they cant be mud flaps but some type of air flow thing they scarepe more than enything else on the car lol

yes £280 is good better than the £650/700 my OE ones cost for the 4S :eek:

Phil 997 said:
wildej said:
Where did you get them from Phil, OPC ?
I'm after a set myself, assume they are the sames ones as the GTS also ?

for the gen2 yes mate same part fits GT3RS, GTS, GT2 There is a older one and newer one you want the newer part number 2010 plus I think :thumb:

I'm surprised they're different (although I bow to your superior knowledge :worship:) I assumed the were the same. Mine are Gen.1 GTS/GT2 skirts and fit like a treat. Didn't think the Gen.2 would be any different. Got mine from Design911 :thumb:

911DG said:
My front splitter catches on almost Every down ramp in Every multi story car park and makes a horrible scraping sound. It doesn't seem to damage it but I wince every time so wondering about the Skirts ?

Careful with it at high speed - I had one on mine for a few months and ripped it in half whilst doing 150mph!

On track of course 8)

Attachments

• img_8668_904.jpg
    img_8668_904.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 8,402
Shewie said:
Phil 997 said:
wildej said:
Where did you get them from Phil, OPC ?
I'm after a set myself, assume they are the sames ones as the GTS also ?

for the gen2 yes mate same part fits GT3RS, GTS, GT2 There is a older one and newer one you want the newer part number 2010 plus I think :thumb:

I'm surprised they're different (although I bow to your superior knowledge :worship:) I assumed the were the same. Mine are Gen.1 GTS/GT2 skirts and fit like a treat. Didn't think the Gen.2 would be any different. Got mine from Design911 :thumb:

Its just what the OPC told me , I was suprised as well. so went for the newer one, now how different they are probably nothing just a newer part number to suit the gen2 . cant say I have ever seen a different one they all look the same :dont know: I am assuming your gen1 ones look just the same as my gen2 ones in the pic above. :?:

Phil 997 said:
911DG said:
Phil 997 said:

Question - do they bottom out on speed bumps etc? My front splitter catches on almost Every down ramp in Every multi story car park and makes a horrible scraping sound. It doesn't seem to damage it but I wince every time so wondering about the Skirts ?

Cheeers

No mate even on a lowered car the sides never scraped used to think they might over speed bumps but they dont just the front lip and the front mud flap thingys in front of the front tyres they cant be mud flaps but some type of air flow thing they scarepe more than enything else on the car lol

Hi Phil

Do you remember the part number for Oe rs side skirts?
Was that £700 each or for the pair?
They look really good unpainted against the blue
just what I am after :thumb:

Cheers
Tim

tgdesign said:
Phil 997 said:
911DG said:
Phil 997 said:

Cheeers

Hi Phil

Do you remember the part number for Oe rs side skirts?
Was that £700 each or for the pair?
They look really good unpainted against the blue
just what I am after :thumb:

Cheers
Tim

Tim that was the pair , cant lay my hand on the part number just now but will see if I can find it .ah just pinched the info from rennline lol.. as I said before I went with the post 2010 ones.

the 2010 are flared. the 2007 are more flush. the flared ones are about 150 more each. sunset has good prices

2007 GT3RS
9975043630101C - left side sill
9975043640101C - right side sill

GT2/20110+ GT3RS
9975043638001C - left side sill
9975043648001C - right side sill

I think these might be a nice upgrade on mine ?

I guess these later ones are the same fitting as my standard ones on my 2010 C4S

Attachments

• porsche_911_carrera_997_carrera_4s_s3269869_2_144.jpg
    porsche_911_carrera_997_carrera_4s_s3269869_2_144.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 3,105
  • mg_8470_146.jpg
    mg_8470_146.jpg
    783.9 KB · Views: 3,091
Yes mate a straight swap on a wide body car , very quick and easy to do. :thumb:

SGH said:
Phil 997 said:
Yes mate a straight swap on a wide body car , very quick and easy to do. :thumb:

:thumb:

Just about to order a set, unsure if to get painted or keep in black.

they are so quick to whip on and off mate try them fitted in black and if not remove them and get them painted , the only reason I think they may look better painted is you dont have a black front lip , or is that on the agenda to do . :grin:

Phil 997 said:
SGH said:
Phil 997 said:

they are so quick to whip on and off mate try them fitted in black and if not remove them and get them painted , the only reason I think they may look better painted is you dont have a black front lip , or is that on the agenda to do . :grin:

Lower front painted lip looking at the original bill of sale was £1500.00, it would be a sin to take it back to black. :lol:

SGH said:
Phil 997 said:
SGH said:
Phil 997 said:

Lower front painted lip looking at the original bill of sale was £1500.00, it would be a sin to take it back to black. :lol:

:floor: :floor: in that case IMO paint the sides skirts as well as in the pic of the GTS :thumb: :thumb:

Lovely , that bumper plugs lock cap looks spot on so simple but so effective. and I have been looking to get my chrome light washers painted what did they do paint in situ or remove, did they strip the chrome or paint over it and lastly what price to do :thumb:
the side skirts look great in white look forward to seeing the fitted pic. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back