Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any suggestions for a radio upgrade

wasz said:
kas750 said:
I have a CR21 Tape deck but one of the outputs to the front left speaker doesn't work.
I have swapped the speakers over and tried another amp so I think the headunit is the fault.

Its a pity because because otherwise the sound is quite good :thumb:

Oh and I like that it says Porsche on the front of it :grin:

:wack: :lol:

Let me know if you replace it, and will let it go. I have a tatty one in need of decent buttons and front.

I would probably keep it as its the original but if I do move it on I'll let you know :thumb:

I have some iPod leads made for the Becker unit if you want one Ady.

The beckers do look good...

In my view, the CDR23 takes a lot of beating in terms of basic functionality, sound and fit. I wish a previous owner of my car had not decided to 'upgrade' it.

:?: :grin:

Still deciding what to do with mine. Also have a redundant parrot and ipod stuff.

Ive been sorely tempted to build a (single din, duble-din spils the look!) Porsche Classic Nav clone using a Raspberri Pi, small screen and a friendly 3d-printer-owner.
Anyone else interested?

alex yates said:
:?: :grin:

Still deciding what to do with mine. Also have a redundant parrot and ipod stuff.
I would like to at least plug it into my car please Alex then I can prove my theory about a faulty head unit.

i just noticed your profile says you have a 2006 car..
You do then have the issue it's not a straight forward swop out, yours runs on the MOST interface, the older cars, pre 2002(?) had standard stereo interfaces, you will need an adaptor to get from the most interface to a regular ISO connection found on aftermarket head units

asterix_the_gaul said:
i just noticed your profile says you have a 2006 car..
You do then have the issue it's not a straight forward swop out, yours runs on the MOST interface, the older cars, pre 2002(?) had standard stereo interfaces, you will need an adaptor to get from the most interface to a regular ISO connection found on aftermarket head units

I had a 2006 back in another life! :oops:

Mmmm yummy.
Just realised I've been talking absolute twaddle as well, given 2006 is 997 not 996.2

Alex very kindly helped me out with a lovely CD-R 22 and Fischer CD storage box (amongst other things!) so this afternoon I fitted it.
It took a while to work out that it wouldn't fit inside the original Becker cage and is meant to just fit the aperture.
The sound through the factory amp and 6 speakers is as good as I would ever need it to be. :thumb:
I can't get it to recognise the sony multi changer though?
Perhaps because it's a later unit it is not compatible.
Not a biggie at all with a front loading head unit though. :thumbs:

[/quote]

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back