Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 c4s left rear wheel on the bump stop ?

Jonnywise

Hi went to drive my 997 today and notice the left rear wheel if nearly touching the wheel arch ? It was fine last week.
The pasm on the dash says ok when changing sports mode.

Any ideas ?

Cheers Jonny

The last time I drove it was fine,and it's just been sitting on my drive until today,would it just snap when the car is sitting still ?
Cheers Jonny

Just seen a post on the Porsche owners FB page and this has happened to a chap on there while it sat over night on his drive, so it might be worth a look. It might be something to do with the extreme cold weather finishing off a spring that is on its way out at a guess.

I have had a look and the spring is down the hole length of the shock,
So I don't no if it's broke or were it mounts on the shock is broken,well it looks like a big bill coming my way :sad:

It doesnt happen very often , only seen a handfull since they came out and from memory you need a new shock as its the groove that wears that the clip fits into .. either way its a pretty small clip that holds it all together .

If it is that by the description,That looks a cheap fix provided that part 5 is easily obtained.? Good job it didn't fail whilst driving spiritedly!
Edit. Just read DeMorts post knew it sounded too good to be true

I was driving hard the day before,perhaps that finished it off.
Am I right in thinking I will have to replace both ?

Cheers Jonny

Re: 997

Jonnywise said:

Cheers Jonny

Pasm shocks are replaced as a single .. you dont tend to replace both .. in fact if it was a warrenty job then Porsche would only pay for one .

removal is not hard , you can get the shock off just on axle stands .. ive done it before when we ran out of ramps :oops:

Either way it needs inspection first as we are not 100% certain on what parts are actually neded yet .

Ok
Thanks everyone for your help,il keep you posted on what happens

Cheers Jonny

Re: 997

Demort said:
Jonnywise said:

Cheers Jonny

Pasm shocks are replaced as a single .. you dont tend to replace both .. in fact if it was a warrenty job then Porsche would only pay for one .

removal is not hard , you can get the shock off just on axle stands .. ive done it before when we ran out of ramps :oops:

Either way it needs inspection first as we are not 100% certain on what parts are actually neded yet .

Demort,

Seriously mate , you need to be working for yourself , you are a font of instant knowledge , you could go it alone ... think of the trade you would get !!

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back