Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Battery Advice

MarkC4S said:
If I am not mistaken my new Bosch battery carries a 5 year warranty

Only if its a Bosch S5. If its an S4 its a 4 year warranty.

When I got my 997 the owner then had a Bosch S4 battery in the car which was a year old and kept his receipt which I have in my file so the battery had like a month to go before the guarantee ran out so I thought sod this and took the battery out and got the receipt and went to ECP and said the battery has no power and having to keep charging. So they said we can give you a replacement and I went for S5 with a further 5 year guarantee. And when I get nearer to the end of guarantee I'll just do the same thing and pay extra for an upgraded battery ..

🤘😁🤘

J

Since Jan 14 I am on my third replacement Bosch S5 from ECP. Nothing to be proud of, but they are not that good either.

I think the five year warranty is really worthwhile having - from my experience, they tend to last 12-18 months only.

I am trying to charge with a CTEK more often now, but its not very convenient.

Poker2009 said:
Since Jan 14 I am on my third replacement Bosch S5 from ECP. Nothing to be proud of, but they are not that good either.

I think the five year warranty is really worthwhile having - from my experience, they tend to last 12-18 months only.

I am trying to charge with a CTEK more often now, but its not very convenient.

You thought about the idea that you may have a fault somewhere :dont know:

I would be certainly be ascertaining what is draining them that fast :thumb:

I think Winter months, heated seats on, fans on, lights on, wipers etc etc and short journeys in London all contribute. Pretty sure there is no fault.

cheshire911 said:
Either of those choices would be fine. The higher CCA if its the same price is better in cold weather cranking and why I suggested it.

Cheers appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Tbh I think the 800cca was a mis print. It said 800cca in the eBay title but the description said 700cca and had the same part number as the 700cca battery in the other listing.

Figured go for the 80ah 700 cca as 8t was specifically listed for a 997.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back