Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rare Beast for sale at OPC leeds

Norfolk & Idea said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
GMG said:
...hideous! Interior looks like a Ripspeed catalogue advert...the price is simply ludicrous...

Yeah, not my cup of tea either. I don't see what the fuss is all about with these. Same with the Sport Classic :dont know:

Sir wash your mouth out with soap!!! see below...Although the sport classic interior is as hideous as this crazy blue interior.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Nope, sorry but I still don't buy it. I think mine looks nicer. And definitely faster!

Yep id take 5 of those over the sport classic anyday! In fact probably one. Id still put the SC wheels on the turbo though :grin:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Nope, sorry but I still don't buy it. I think mine looks nicer. And definitely faster!

Does it go WAPR speed :dont know:

:grin:

maxresdefault.jpg

HSC911 said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

Does it go WAPR speed :dont know:

:grin:

maxresdefault.jpg

Ha ha, it's not far off! It's had a full Kline system and a jolly good 9E-ing...

HSC911 said:
DRZ911 said:
and the interior colour-way is a mishmash. :nooo:

Fixed it :grin:

Quality :grin: I think my white vents defo have to go now :nooo:

Done its dough a lot nearer 100 bags :thumb: Note how they don't mention the 'Heath Robinson' roof that requires a MSc in Design Engineering to operate :what:

FZP said:
Another low mileage car but in the US.Price difference is cavernous.
http://r.ebay.com/7Cm78F

So is the relative rarity - a RHD one is something of a unicorn. Much like the 997 4 litre RS really, but more so (I did a quick look and apparently the UK Speedster number is 22 cars, so there are fewer than the 996.1 GT3 Clubsport, 997 GT2RS or 997 RS 4.0). Pick a number and if someone who wants one can afford it : that is what it is worth. Unlike the 4 litre though, the Speedster and SportClassic are basically pure collector cars - can anyone imagine them being owned by someone who didn't have at least half a dozen Porsches?

Think of it this way : in RHD it is the rarest water cooled Porsche model (i.e. with specific parts, not just a trim and plaque job like the Club Coupe) thus far built.

The comedy pricing stems (as with the SportClassic) from them all being hand finished by the Exclusive special wishes department (even though there weren't any options {not even interior colour} other than a choice of 2 main body/interior accent colours). There are a few noteworthy touches that you won't find on commodity cars like the black surrounds on the headlights and DRLs, but they are mostly all about the bits that they won't sell you without a VIN (the special windscreen, rear bubble cover and roof on the Speedster and the carbon bubble roof and the ducktail on the SportClassic).

Not much appeal to me personally but I am glad that they exist. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
thats beautiful but a hell of a lot of cash , I think the new GT2RS sitting for sale at Bournemouth OPC for £260k is a better bet. :thumb:

Phil

That will be a customers car, otherwise i would sell some kidneys and snap it up the cheapest available used one is currently around £600k with another 2 available for £740k

That is a very special Car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back