Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Convertible

Yeah. Press and hold the roof button on it.

alex yates said:
Yeah. Press and hold the roof button on it.

996.2 don't appear to have this function, Alex.

Er, Sorry, Mine does?

4b4 said:
Er, Sorry, Mine does?

What!?!? :wtf:

Ok..
Not ALL 996's appear to have this functionality then :sad:
It seems that there is an extra option NOT to have it:
533 No convertible top operation from remote control

So does your key have three buttons? :?:

Mine has 3 buttons: Unlock/lock, roof operation and frunk opener.

alex yates said:
Mine has 3 buttons: Unlock/lock, roof operation and frunk opener.

Mine too?

Attachments

• img_4287_964.jpg
    img_4287_964.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 4,317
every day is a school day! :D

596828018419813.jpg

Mine's the middle one, more or less.

Mine also controls the roof from the key. I wonder why anyone would 'opt' not to have this function.

Worryingly the roof seems to respond to the remote even when the hardtop is on..... :eek: That panicked me.

Halcyon said:
every day is a school day! :D

596828018419813.jpg

Mine's the middle one, more or less.
Sorry posts crossed....Halcyon I wonder if a previous owner of your car lost a key and replaced it with a cheaper/readily available 2 button version

Kingb4 said:
Sorry posts crossed....Halcyon I wonder if a previous owner of your car lost a key and replaced it with a cheaper/readily available 2 button version

a similar thought occurred to me - but they must have replaced both keys if they did! :D

My Car is a yr 2000 Cab.

I have a 3 keys, but the two main keys have two buttons (one above the other). The top main button is bigger and cycles lock / unlock. The second smaller button below it has an image of the roof and operates the roof remotely. There isn't a button that operates the front luggage bonnet.

Never use the button to operate the roof remotely, completely pointless as I can drop the roof once in the car.

Seems that the are a number of key variations.

Thanks for the reply guys. So if you have the 3 button key the roof opens from the remote

Nicoc4s said:
Thanks for the reply guys. So if you have the 3 button key the roof opens from the remote

Yes .. but a 2 button key can easily be coded to the car .. then it wont work as you have no button to press .

Seem's typical Porsche then - you pays your money and you takes your choice!

Presumably, the three button option will be more costly, both to purchase the fob and to code it to the car to operate three separate commands?

Perhaps that's why the local OPC's want £325+ for a 'new' 3 button key?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back