Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OEM PSE vs Hayward Scott

I have heard of guys on here paying just around 2k for it fitted , push hard for a better price :thumb: your spending enough to justify a 15% discount and they can do it. get a better price from one OPC and then get yours to match it. remember some want the work more than others and some groups have a more flexible discount structure ot others,as they are all owned by larger motor groups. :thumb:

The OP's original dilemma appears resolved.. :thumb:

I just wanted to add that, as far as an OPC warranty is concerned, there is no problem with fitting a centre silencer by-pass until renewal time when it won't pass the required 111 point check.

I have that guaranteed in writing from Porsche GB - for all claims apart from those specific to the exhaust itself.

BTW - H&S is a direct copy of SharkWerks and of course cheaper, but there is never a copy that quite lives up to what it's copying!! :nooo:

I'd go for the original everytime - I'm delighted with mine... :bye:

Bypass alone still doesn't do it for me.

Hope this vid works

It's an interesting question, as I took the view that the PSE was a 'must have' option, and then I promptly fitted the H&S rear centre silencer cross pipes for the increased noise/character and the weight saving. I had an after market warranty so the H&S wasn't an issue.

If I didn't have the PSE, I suppose I would have taken the 2500gbp and had a whole new custom exhaust made up.

I managed to get my PSE from OPC Cambridge for £2k.

Then fitted the H&S bypass.

It's great to be able to switch it on and off.

With PSE off it's a good but fairly subtle noise - how it should have sounded from the factory.

With PSE switched on, it's feral :grin:

I've got PSE and bypass pipe and it sounds great but saying that the PSE isn't worth the money imo.

Phil,

Dont Topgear do valve exhausts for the Gen2 ?

Jon

wildej said:
I've got PSE and bypass pipe and it sounds great but saying that the PSE isn't worth the money imo.

Phil,

Dont Topgear do valve exhausts for the Gen2 ?

Jon

The certainly do Jon and less than half the cost of the PSE with weight savings and BHP gains .pair that with an H&S you would have a nice set up, stick the header and 200cell single unit on it aswell and you would have "race car"
Some sound bytes in the link :thumb: :thumb:

https://www.topgear.co.uk/porsche/porsche-911-997-2-carrera-valved-cat-back?mfp=15-model[911%20(997)]

I had 997.2 with stock exhaust system - which I think we all agree is jut too quiet. My first mod was the H&S bypass which effectively replaces the real silencer with a crossover pipe. It made a slight difference but still not quite loud enough.

I deliberated long and hard about what to do next. I got a quote from local OPC for a full PSE fitted for £2,034 - but ultimately decided to go for the Top Gear stainless steel valved silencers at around £900 (discount may be available) which I wired into the Porsche PSE button on the console (see my other posts for this)

So my end result is Top Gear valved silencers plus H&S centre bypass. Really pleased with it. It is not too loud at all - just the way it should sound. I normally drive with the valve open (loud) but it is quite nice to be able to turn it off on the mornings I leave for work at 06:00 am.

It is the small things that make a difference - and I really love just pushing the button (which has a nice icon of the 997 tailpipes) seeing the LED light up and hearing the exhaust note change - always puts a smile on my face :)

The overall consensus is that PSE on its own on 997.2 (without the rear silencer bypass) is not worth it

Hope this helps

PS1000 said:
I had 997.2 with stock exhaust system - which I think we all agree is jut too quiet. My first mod was the H&S bypass which effectively replaces the real silencer with a crossover pipe. It made a slight difference but still not quite loud enough.

I deliberated long and hard about what to do next. I got a quote from local OPC for a full PSE fitted for £2,034 - but ultimately decided to go for the Top Gear stainless steel valved silencers at around £900 (discount may be available) which I wired into the Porsche PSE button on the console (see my other posts for this)

So my end result is Top Gear valved silencers plus H&S centre bypass. Really pleased with it. It is not too loud at all - just the way it should sound. I normally drive with the valve open (loud) but it is quite nice to be able to turn it off on the mornings I leave for work at 06:00 am.

It is the small things that make a difference - and I really love just pushing the button (which has a nice icon of the 997 tailpipes) seeing the LED light up and hearing the exhaust note change - always puts a smile on my face :)

The overall consensus is that PSE on its own on 997.2 (without the rear silencer bypass) is not worth it

Hope this helps

Thats a nice review from someone who has actually been through the thought process and gone the TG and H&S route , and yes Alex at Topgear will offer 911uk forum members a 10% discount of the list price taking it to around £850
and it works off the PSE button which is perfect :grin: :grin:
combined with the topgear Lifetime you own the car warranty and the fact we now know that it doesnt affect any non exhaust part of the OPC warranty whats not to like :) :thumb:

davidjf7 said:
I managed to get my PSE from OPC Cambridge for £2k.

Then fitted the H&S bypass.

It's great to be able to switch it on and off.

With PSE off it's a good but fairly subtle noise - how it should have sounded from the factory.

With PSE switched on, it's feral :grin:

Hi David

Cambridge quoted me £2565; when did you have this done?

Thanks

arifg said:
Hi David

Cambridge quoted me £2565; when did you have this done?

Thanks

Think it was about a year ago.

They quoted me something similar but I said it had to be under £2k for it to make sense for me, and they came back at £1,999 :grin:

Maybe I got them on a good day, but you can always ask.

Maybe try OPC Hatfield and Silverstone etc to see what they can do?

Thanks will do.

Does anyone have their original centre silencer available for sale?

Does anyone have their original centre silencer available for sale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back