Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

stick on number plates -any recommendations ?

Nattyboy

Thinking about one of these for the front of my car - any recommendations and/or pics of yours appreciated (I've seen some on ebay but...!!) I've got a few holes in my pu where I can only assume someones cocked up putting the plinth on at some point - just hoping the vinyl will be thick anough to cover the holes ! I'm hoping for something like this with a slight border (my cars white too).

Attachments

• stick_on_plate_323.jpg
    stick_on_plate_323.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 2,813
Aren't they illegal?

I think the law states they must be vertical and comply to the BS 145 eg correct size colour and font if I remember correctly.
I think the rule of thumb is if you drive like an ass expect a tug and they will pick on the plate , drive normally and its unlikely they will bother you . the MOT can be addressed with a spare plastic one normally :thumb:

Not illegal as long as font style and font/border sizes correct.

I got mine from DMB graphics. Best £11 mod ever. The vinyl is thick enough to mask any holes in the bumper unless you have extreme OCD.

Mine MoT'd fine. I took the relevant excerpt of the MoT testers handbook, along with a rigid plate in case the tester was a jobsworth. Didn't need either though.

The law also says they have to have BS marking and postcode of manufacturer on. The DMB ones are fully compliant, very subtle.

That's just what I'm after James thanks (My REG also has 5 characters). As my car is white maybe a subtle black border. Had a look at the dmb website but looks like I might have to call them ..

I found it on their site:

1 x Custom Number Plates - Stick On - ReflectiveFront Stick On Plate - To size Custom Text: [ _ ___] - £11.00

For application Use a spray bottle with fairy liquid/water mix, plenty of squirts, then squeegee out the fluid and bubbles/wrinkles once it's in correct position. I used a credit card wrapped in tea towel. Was very nervous about it being wonky but it's really easy.

For what it's worth I reckon a white car will look better without a border on the plate.

The tricky decision is whether to go for custom size rear or full size....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back