Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Super sorted 987.1 Cayman S up for grabs thread...

The return of Marty Wild said:
You Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Many thanks!

Writing the ad yesterday, did make me think hold onto it until this time next year and just take the hit that I will be driving a cr4ppy old Golf come the last quarter of this year.

Actually felt a little sick after putting the ad up on PH! I had sleepless nights over this car when I was trying to make her mine.

#truestory
Is there no way you can keep it and lower the spend on a family hack? I run a seven year old Insignia SE estate which is brill for day to day stuff. Worth nothing but worth everything to me.
I sold the 964 for something larger (M3) as I have two small kids but it was only the very odd occasion that we all in it together. So, I did the right thing and moved the M3 quickly on and bought a proper car again :wink:

Unfortunately, I come at this from the complete opposite angle. I cycle nearly as many miles a year as I drive. I HATE sitting in traffic, the congestion in Cambridge is biblical. It is faster for me to cycle to work, keeps me trim and costs nothing.

My other half doesn't drive yet (work in progress), 98% of every journey I have ever undertaken in the Cayman she is sat beside me. The majority of the miles is a great 115 mile run down to the South coast at least once a month.

I am looking at M3s actually, plan is to get a Golf for her indoors for town and Bub duties. Then when it comes to getting the family unit anywhere out of town, we jump in the M3.

Believe me, I lost sleep over getting the Cayman, it is my dream car and dealing with Tom 911v couldn't have been a better experience. I do not want to let this car go, but if I keep it, it will sit unused and I will be driving down to my Mother's in a 1.2 or 1.4 Golf. It would literally be an ornament sat on my drive.

It is no exaggeration when I say, I felt unwell after putting the ad up yesterday. When I agreed to baby making, I thought it would take 12-18 months to be realised, not the 2 weeks that it ended up being.

Unfortunately, I come at this from the complete opposite angle. I cycle nearly as many miles a year as I drive. I HATE sitting in traffic, the congestion in Cambridge is biblical. It is faster for me to cycle to work, keeps me trim and costs nothing.

My other half doesn't drive yet (work in progress), 98% of every journey I have ever undertaken in the Cayman she is sat beside me. The majority of the miles is a great 115 mile run down to the South coast at least once a month.

I am looking at M3s actually, plan is to get a Golf for her indoors for town and Bub duties. Then when it comes to getting the family unit anywhere out of town, we jump in the M3.

Believe me, I lost sleep over getting the Cayman, it is my dream car and dealing with Tom 911v couldn't have been a better experience. I do not want to let this car go, but if I keep it, it will sit unused and I will be driving down to my Mother's in a 1.2 or 1.4 Golf. It would literally be an ornament sat on my drive.

It is no exaggeration when I say, I felt unwell after putting the ad up yesterday. When I agreed to baby making, I thought it would take 12-18 months to be realised, not the 2 weeks that it ended up being.
:grin:
Fair enough, you will be back soon enough and just think of all the fun you will have browsing the ads when the time comes.
Good luck with the family and well done :thumb:

Your not alone young man .. i agreed many years ago thinking the same as you .. a little longer at 6 weeks later but still the same shock :eek:

Im also thinking have a look at any Cayennes going .. some of the early ones are cheap and still good .. some aint but we can work on that :D

NO V6 petrols though !

@ Scholester - Appreciate your kind words, soon as Bub is old enough, it's time for a 911 if I can still afford one! :)

@ Demort - Not sure I can go from 2 seater straight to a whacking great lump. Believe me, the moment I am back in Pork, I'll be down you way again. Leaving your services behind is a serious bum note in all this.

You're obviously potent, Iain, how old are your little ones now then?!

Cheeky little bump. Weather stops play this week, got some people coming next weekend.

Sneaky bump! This car needs a good home!

Demort, are you saying the v6 Cayenne is the worst petrol ?
Are the 07 onwards gts any good ?

I am really attracted to an early Cayenne as a family bus and winter hack but scared off by the horror stories .

Bump for Easter, it is what Jesus would have wanted.

Bump for Easter, it is what Jesus would have wanted.

:grin: :floor:

I believe you are right .......!!!

Just the tonic when you 'roll away the stone'
There must be a biblical character and cars they drive thread in there somewhere...!

If there isn't, there certainly should be :mrgreen:

pretty sure St Peter drives a 997.2 4S whereas Judas would have a BMW :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back