Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

One of them has to go...

The 964 will I believe continue to increase in value quicker than the 997 therefore in 12/24 months when you realise you need both back in your life it will be easier and cheaper to find another 997 as they will cost you more than your going to sell it for but not as much as replacing the 964 would. :thumb: :thumb: but remember as your on the 997 pages they are real 911s and the gen2 may well in the not to distant future be considered the last of the 911 sports cars before they moved to a tourer.and as such will command the sort of money air cooled do now. :thumb:

Lungauer said:
I've had a fair offer from a well known dealer for the 964

PM me his number, happy to see if I could match it :thumb:

Please be Friends Green Porsche

:grin:

Palladium said:
maybe the 911 tag should have ended with the 993, just my opinion of course.

:?:

Very good point, I think I would have to agree :judge:

:thumb:

Lungauer said:
911TEL said:
Lungauer said:
FZP said:
I would be interested to know about your lift .. I am looking for a good reliable , quality piece of kit , that looks substantial ...... what type is it , sourced it where ..?

advise me the Cost in a PM if you don't mind ?

cheers,

Not my lift or garage I'm afraid. The pics were taken at Refined Detail in Sussex - whom I can heartily recommend by the way.

Thanks for that 'L' ... I thought that you might have been Refined detail... I saw that in the pics...

Back on the hunt I guess...

your 964 is a class act mate ....

Re: On the horns of a dilemma...

Lungauer said:
Could I refer 997ers to my thread on the 964 forum relating to a genuine dilemma I face. I've had some opinions from the 964 collective but what would value a different perspective if you felt you had time to offer one. This is also 997 related!

Thread's called 'One of them has to go'.

ADDED BY MODERATOR = The link

See ==> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=126033&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Lungauer...

I watched your other thread with interest, I can feel your dilemma as I am approaching making a similar decision on my cars.....and I find myself swinging quite radically back and fore whilst trying all options to come to the best logical decision...

both your cars are niche , and I believe you will be pretty upset no matter which one you decide to part wit.... the real choice you have to make is whether your really need to or if it is possible in any other way to achieve the purpose that is driving your thought process to have to sell one or other.
The 964 is already sought after but as you say was the unwanted child of Porsche lovers for many a year ! I remember these well and was not of the same camp at all... I do wish that I had scratched that itch at the time ... I chased a few ,PPI were not favourable on most ...so that didn't happen...
the 964 looks are classic and IMHO far better than the following 993 ( that just didn't do it for me ...)

the 997 GTS is already a well sought after model , and the 997 in its special iterations GTS/ GT3 /Turbo / Turbo S are already showing signs of being integrated to the Porsche hall of Fame ......

The 997 is a better drive in every way , of that there is no doubt, dynamically it drives better, and looks like all 911's should , the 991 is a step towards a GT car , great but not exciting ... I have felt numb when driving these so far..

Its probably the ultimate hard decision chum ..

I shall fall on keeping ....

the 997....... Good luck with your own choice , that s the important one ..

FWIW I changed my 964 C4 for a 997 C2S last year and don't regret it for a minute.
I'd had the 964 for 15 years though and wanted more power, more refinement, more comfort.

HSC911 said:
Palladium said:
maybe the 911 tag should have ended with the 993, just my opinion of course.

:?:

Very good point, I think I would have to agree :judge:

:congrats: Your beard trimmer, sandals and "talking cobblers since 1997" T Shirts are in the post.

:wink:

T8 said:
:congrats: Your beard trimmer, sandals and "talking cobblers since 1997" T Shirts are in the post.

:wink:

Medium for me please :floor:

The 964 is a classic and a great car if well looked after. Classics usually are for looking at and pootling around in (race cars excepted)

The 997 is a modern looking (outside) and retro-looking (inside) supercar that's capable of 150 mph++ even when a few years old. Mine is 9 years old , looks like new and can go quicker than I can handle.....A recent valuation shows that it is worth at least what I paid for it four years ago and well sorted ones will increase in price, so you know where my choice lies.. :thumb:

easy one for me .. sell the 997 & use the 964 more . Been there myself with the modern cars & its never been a difficult decision to choose aircooled

although as said it does depend on ultimatly what your use for the car is.

If we are assuming either cars will just be a 'toy' in addition to a daily driver , then in reality you should get more pleasure , both driving & ownership, with the 964. The 964 wil be fun to drive at all speeds + you've got the whole 'classic' porsche thing & everything that goes along with it . Also, the 964 is a car you can keep modifiying / personalising to suit your requirements where as I imagine you'll be loathed to change the GTS from stock ?

hot66 said:
easy one for me .. sell the 997 & use the 964 more . Been there myself with the modern cars & its never been a difficult decision to choose aircooled

although as said it does depend on ultimatly what your use for the car is.

If we are assuming either cars will just be a 'toy' in addition to a daily driver , then in reality you should get more pleasure , both driving & ownership, with the 964. The 964 wil be fun to drive at all speeds + you've got the whole 'classic' porsche thing & everything that goes along with it . Also, the 964 is a car you can keep modifiying / personalising to suit your requirements where as I imagine you'll be loathed to change the GTS from stock ?

For those who can find this thread after it has moved around the forum like a herd of wildebeest - thanks for your replies. Hot66's comment above I think is a very sensible one and I am now leaning towards keeping the 964 and selling the GTS, much as it will pain me to see her go. I have bikes that gratify the need for speed (plus I always feel a bit of a heel overtaking in a sports car when on a bike it seems perfectly OK), whereas the 964 is fun just to potter about in.

Arh, you chose wisely. The 964 Gods will smile upon each travelled mile....
Balance has been restored within the universe :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back