Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

T8 is now packing 887 bhp

I've just been decoding the options list in the service book. Everything is interior related and mostly to do with 'aluminium look'.

The 'thicker steering wheel with leather covered airbag' was a pleasant surprise. :thumb:

I hadn't driven enough 997s to know it wasn't standard.

Looks fantastic terry. Shall have a proper look over her soon.

Glad you didn't get gt silver, the breakfast meets would look a bit bland :)

Very nice , I really like the Guards Red , looks stunning on the Turbo .
Congratulations .

I can't believe it's 3 years since I bought the red car and started this thread.

17,858 miles later and I've just fallen in love with 'Red' all over again having just fitted a DSCv1 PASM upgrade which has transformed the ride of the car and made it feel 6 years newer. Any lingering thoughts I had of changing to a 991C4S can be shelved for at least another year.

I was already looking forward to my next trip to Germany in May and now can't wait to see how the old girl cruises at autobahn speeds and handles in the Eiffel Forest. On several previous occasions I've never thought of 'Red' being lacking in any way but it will be interesting to note the difference.

My mind still wanders back with fond thoughts of 'Polaris' (my polar silver missile) and the fun I had with her in 22 months of ownership especially as it was in her that I first experienced the joy of neunelfering in the fatherland. In the last three years the 996 Turbo has really become an enthusiasts car and I'm really proud to have once owned one. At the same money I paid in 2013 I'd happily get another one but the thought of ever paying 30% more for one wouldn't cross my mind. I still kick myself for not keeping mine for another few months as the extra £5k would have come in handy but console myself with the fact that I had nearly 2 years of very cheap 911 Turbo ownership as I bought a very 'sorted' car in the first place.

That reminds me, with the third anniversary of 997 Turbo ownership now upon me, I'd better update my saddo spreadsheet to see what those three incredible years have cost. I know it won't have been cheap but I suspect it will represent surprisingly good value for money given the use I've put the car to. I'm also confident that the fact that the car is worth a few £k more today than I bought it for will balance things out a bit.

In summary, apart from letting the 996T go a few months early, I've no regrets about making the change when I did. The 996T is a great car but I thought the 997T would 'suit' my needs ('wants' is a more accurate word) a little better and so it has transpired.

I love 911s :cloud9:

Nice update terry. I share your love for the 996turbo and feel very similarly for the 996 c4s. I suspect at some stage I may test drive one again with intent.

Terry, happy 3rd anniversary to you and big Red. :lol:

Attachments

• 3rd_anniversary_892.jpg
    3rd_anniversary_892.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2,375
Fantastic to see an owner still so enthusiastic after 3 years of ownership.

Nice one Terry
:thumb:

As mentioned, a great update to your 887bhp thread. Three years?! My word that only seems like 12 months ago...

Having just picked up my 996T from CenterGravity, I have come to the conclusion that this just has to the perfect car for me, despite being 3 months in to my 6th year of ownership :eek:

The fact that the car can return over 30 mpg on a run, a somewhat astonishing fact for a twin turbocharged 3.6 litre, 15 year old car :worship: , it can still bury me in the seat when caressing the loud pedal and throw me against the window on left hand corners! Amazing vehicles...

In fact have just had the same conversation with VPD255M (thanks for the lift Matt :thumb: ). The turbo in any flavour is both Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde, it's like owning two distinctly different cars that just happen to share the same ignition key. :cloud9:

Nice one Terry, Look forward to catching up in Germany mate :thumb: :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back