Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997 and I

Phil 997 said:
monster said:
Kev, Your car looks like it just rolled off the production line! Looks sharp as a pin in that pic! :thumb:

Thats because Kev wraps it in cling film until he gets to where he's going
:floor:

What a bloody great idea :grin: :thumbs:

It's been a little while since the last update mainly as the car has been in hibernation over the winter. With March 1st just around the corner it was time to wake her up. After the usual pre flight checks turned the key and she fired into life sounding sweet. I let it idle for a few mins and headed off for a 40 min drive:thumb:
It was lovely to get behind the wheel again, it's been too long.
MOT is due shortly and a minor service and we are good to go for another year.
Couldn't resist a couple of new pictures :grin:

[/url

[url=https://postimg.org/image/c09l75ued/]

Kev were you out there in minus 2 cleaning that car today mate :thumb:

:D

Cheers Graham.

Phil, I'm not an Eskimo

Too damn cold for car washing :sad:

KJD said:
:D

Phil, I'm not an Eskimo

Kev Ah thats right you dont eat Wales you just Live there floor: :floor:

Heading towards 2 years of ownership with a fresh MOT and a good drive afterwards .
I'll be contacting my Indy over the next couple of day to arrange a minor service and we are good to go.

:thumb:

Double post :pc:

Kev do you ever stop polishing that car its starting to go translucent :grin: :grin:

Have you managed to find some way of having the road cleaned before you drive along it Kev? Is your missus driving a turbo'd road sweeper with a jet wash attachment through the valleys in front of you :dont know:

G2 said:
Have you managed to find some way of having the road cleaned before you drive along it Kev? Is your missus driving a turbo'd road sweeper with a jet wash attachment through the valleys in front of you :dont know:

Ah thats it hes got contacts in the highways agency, they sweep the roads hes going to drive along just before he gets there :floor:

Never mind clean roads just some dry & sunny weather would be nice. :frustrated:

I could of not picked a nicer day for my trip up to my Porsche Indy RSR Autos in Bromsgrove for a minor service and gearbox oil change.
Happy to report all is well, no debris in the oil filter and a clean bill of health.
I never had an issue with the gear change but now its had fresh oil its just that bit smoother and very slick.
We are good to go for another season :grin:

Yet again a fantastic trip to Dinslaken with the added bonus of a few laps and tour of the Spa circuit. A bit of an amazing place and if you get the chance it's definitely worth it.
Had the pleasure of meeting some more of the 911uk faithful, also nice to put a face to that forum name :grin:
Your guaranteed a good time as 997Phil's co-pilot so once again thanks for the ride.
Thanks also to the people that put this together, made it happen and to the members of the Spa squadron :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back