Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 2014 981 Boxster GTS

Treated the BGTS prior to its spring shakedown next month....

M7VLQht.jpg

At least I won't forget its a 981GTS now :grin:

The registration is now officially on the car just waiting for the actual plates to arrive :)

A very nice acquisition! :thumb:
Ps Nurburgring trip for end of May currently in the planning stage :wink:

jonttt said:

M7VLQht.jpg

The registration is now officially on the car just waiting for the actual plates to arrive :)

Great number ....will look the dogs on the GTS.......

Couldn't make Trevor out of that if anyone tried !

jonttt said:

M7VLQht.jpg

Brilliant!

I actually bid on that plate before I bought the GT4.

I still can't over how superb my 981 is.
I went to my unit the other day and thought to myself my a beautiful looking car it is.
Last month I drove to work and I had 4 people comment on how good it looks. Work is 15 mins from home. :thumb:

The new plate is now physically now on the car.....

vR65sx0.jpg

I'm trying to resist taking it off SORN until March, busy weekend should keep me distracted.

jonttt said:
Well the boxster in now on SORN for the winter.

What a great experience it has been this summer. Its last run was a weekend of golf and driving around the Welsh mountains.

I've done about 3.5k miles in it this summer which for a 3rd car is much more than I expected and on more than one occasion I found myself walking back in the house to change keys to take the boxster out for an unplanned run.

I reckon over 80% of those miles where roof down including several in the early hours of the morning in the dark :thumb:

So the car is tucked up, under a cover, in underground secure storage until next April. I can't wait already, it will be like buying a new car again :bandit:

In summary it has probably been overall the most fun car I have had given its role it plays in my garage and the package it delivers (and this is compared to some much more expensive metal)

I'm actually excited about getting the BGTS off SORN next week, it does feel like waiting for a new car. 5 days and counting.............

:frustrated: snow & salt means the BGTS is staying in storage for another week :roll:

jonttt said:
The new plate is now physically now on the car.....

vR65sx0.jpg

I'm trying to resist taking it off SORN until March, busy weekend should keep me distracted.
Did you manage to move the other plate on?

No, still got it for sale if anyone wants it.

The BGTS is now taxed and ready to rock and roll.

Hopefully first run out to Oulton Park on Friday now the salt has been washed away :thumb:

Snow this morning :sad:

But sun out and dry this afternoon :grin:

The good thing was no salt was put down and so the fresh snow just melted and washed away any remnants of salt from last week :thumb:

It's a pity I won't now be around to value it for you. Need to be in York for some work given I'm semi-retired :roll:

Jontt. Any chance you could post a couple on non Photoshop pics of your grills fitted. I am looking to buy a set for my Cayman version but, in the only picture I found, the two side grills seemed out of alignment and were in a matt rather than gloss PU insert.

Thanks for the superb ongoing diary of ownership and feedback. It did influence my purchase and every mile is a pleasure.

HEiX6pa.jpg

And close up but half fitted

CvNSSXN.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back