Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window not drppping

chriscoates81

Suzuka
So I'm 99% certain it will be the cable in the regulator as I can hear a whiring. Anything else it could be?

Unfortunately i dont think its that. The whirring is when i press the button to raise or lower the window. Sorry i should of mentioned when it wasnt dropping. Dam weather!

A grinding crunching jamming .. basically a horrible sound is the window reg ..

if it just whirrs then it could well be the runner on the base of the window is detatched , window is fully floating if its that .

If so then by hand you should be able to push the window up and down.

Either way it will be pretty obvious once the door card is off.

Replace the membrain whilst your at it .. it can be resealed but you have to carefully cut the glue on it if you intend to reuse it .

Battery disconnected or dont have the key in the ignition unless you want an airbag light on which can only be turned off with a tester .

Hmm not sure, ive ordered a regulator from ECP and ill be picking it up tomorrow. Do they do returns? I did have a little press and it wont budge(altho as i commute on NSL roads i didn push too much). It was when i first tried opening the door so the glass was at its highest, not sure if that discounts runners.

Ive pretty much only ever seen 2 faults with windows and thats either the window reg or the runners at the base of the window have come off .

ECP do returns for us so i guess so .. we order a little more though :)

Door card off and it should be obvious .

Done it this morning. Was the regulator. The wire was a bit rusted and had snapped. Surprising how mucky the window is below the seal tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back