Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How long does a clutch last

dp400

Guys

Im very interested in a car at RSJ and whilst its got a fully stamped up service book, there are hardly any old invoices that come with it and certainly none for a clutch.

Its on 61,000 miles and the guys at RSJ tell me that it must of had a clutch by now as they only last about 35,000 miles. Can anyone tell me if 35k is roughly how long a clutch is likely to last or do you think at the current 61,000 miles it could still be on its original clutch?

dp400 said:
Guys

Im very interested in a car at RSJ and whilst its got a fully stamped up service book, there are hardly any old invoices that come with it and certainly none for a clutch.

Its on 61,000 miles and the guys at RSJ tell me that it must of had a clutch by now as they only last about 35,000 miles. Can anyone tell me if 35k is roughly how long a clutch is likely to last or do you think at the current 61,000 miles it could still be on its original clutch?

Depends on how the car is driven IMO.

My old 996 had an original clutch all the way to 80,000 miles, current 997 original lasted until 60,000

Definitely on previous owner usage. Our Audi is on 120k of mostly motorway/country road driving and it's in the original clutch with no signs of needing a replacement yet.

My 2007 with 55k miles is on the original clutch.

Yes very much depends on the previous drivers respect for the clutch . Track days and even constant parking on a steep slope can wreck a clutch.

All i received with my car on purchase was service history book and one mot certificate.

A well respected indy had serviced the car for 4 years prior to my purchase. I phoned them and they kindly emailed me several invoices for work they had done.

If the clutch aint slipping i would not worry about it, just budget £1200 for a new one . Please see my recent thread " price of a clutch "

Good luck with the purchase

My clutch was on its way out at about 40k miles.

Revolution near Leeds supplied and fitted a new one for a grand.

New clutch=Good opportunity to fit new IMS bearing if required, and maybe a lightweight flywheel.

My 997 Turbo was on original clutch until 65 K when I sold it. No issues.

My 996 turbo is still on the original clutch after 79k miles. Most of these miles during my ownership have been motorway and A roads, so clutch wear is relatively light. As others have said, the type of driving makes all the difference - my Honda Accord was still on its original clutch when I sold it at 117k miles.

I recently had the clutch on my C2S changed at 53k.
My Indy believed it had not been changed before.

40k for me (one day it just started slipping)- mainly london driving since 17k, not sure how previous owner used the car. Hoping I get more out of the clutch this time round!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back