Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mileage and Private Sale/Pricing

For counterpoint, I had a 993 Targa and absolutely loved it! The airy interior feel was very special, plus being able to open the roof was a bonus. It had a style all of its own too.

I would seek out a 997 Gen 2 targa given half a chance.

keendean said:
Amazing. All being well, I'd keep the car a long time. This car has if I was to buy it, four previous owners. I know what you mean in terms of just enjoying the car, rather than checking the market constantly. Its like a fever, so when I buy a car, at least I'll have lots of free time. Glad you're enjoying your car, and gives me something to think about. Thanks

My biggest dilemma was do I sell it before it gets to 90k or keep it longer. I figure once it gets to 100k, there will be very little difference in value between 100k and 120k or more so I may as well keep it longer....

With regards to the big service... my indi charges about £380 if I remember rightly. It certainly wasnt much more than a minor. Things like plugs, brake fluid change and the like are on top of that if required.

If you buy It, you'll soon find out if it's a keeper or not. I say that at 39k, you can't really go wrong because as some point the appreciation curve will bounce back, regardless of mileage. It's whether you're in for the long haul or not.

You can get lower mileage 997.2 S for cheaper than £40k :dont know:

2009 Targa 4S with 37k on it sold for 37 bags :grin:

Zingari said:

Sorry was that a question or a statement? :) I've not seen any C4S Gen 2 cars sub 40K.

2009 4S sold for 37k? Where/when? :?:

keendean said:
Zingari said:

Sorry was that a question or a statement? :) I've not seen any C4S Gen 2 cars sub 40K.

2009 4S sold for 37k? Where/when? :?:
There is C4 with that mileage and price on PH

It's Gen 1 though with the tip box.

I've owned a Gen1 997 manual, and recently a manual Cayman S. So its gotta be Gen 2 either PDK with Chrono or a manual box.

FZP said:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-carrera-997/porsche-911-997-gen-ii-targa-4-pdk-with-only-37-000-miles--------------2009/6251108

Nice car :) Not an 'S' though

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back