Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Aux retro fit.Help

Tobyone

Nurburgring
HI all

Someone is bound to have asked this previously so do forgive me.

I have a gen1 997 and want to retro fit a gizmo or something to plug my Iphone into that connects to my 911.

My system does not have the cd multi changer and is a Bose Oem item.

Any ideas if it can be done and who can do it.
If anyone fancies a job and local in the midlands area its all yours.

:)

Morning mate , there are various options available , this is what I used before fitting an Alpine head unit.
they are all a bit clunky and slow but then its trying to work with quite old tech in the PCM2.1 but will do the job.

https://www.nav.tv/products/porsche-pcm2-audio-input-mostaux-por

heres another version to do the same

https://www.carcommunications.co.uk...d-iphone-mp3-aux-adaptor-for-porsche-ctvpo001

I also fitted on of these to get my phone to bluetooth to the PCM 2.1 for calls

https://www.nav.tv/products/porsche-pcm2-21-bluetooth-phone-kit-tookipor

I too am pondering the same with my 997.1. any clues as to how straightforward installation of these is? where do they tie in to the existing systems? is this a DIY job?
also!! what is a MOST system? I'm mechanical- wires scare me!

Super thank you, I will have a good look in a bit :thumb:

Brownspeed.

Like wise Elec-trickery is not my thing at all as I am a mechanical person.

Would rather this was done for me unless it was real easy.

Tobyone said:
HI all

Someone is bound to have asked this previously so do forgive me.

I have a gen1 997 and want to retro fit a gizmo or something to plug my Iphone into that connects to my 911.

My system does not have the cd multi changer and is a Bose Oem item.

Any ideas if it can be done and who can do it.
If anyone fancies a job and local in the midlands area its all yours.

:)

Mine has the CD multichange and is also bose!.

I'm rather adept at replacing starter motors and alternators- on the off chance that there's someone in the north west -who can wire these b*ggers in- who also needs their starter swapping out- !
or I could just use money if bartering didn't work.
or if there is a kind soul who can tell me which wires and where to slash in* to (sorry; *delicately attach)

Good luck Tobyone- let me know how you get on!

They sit behind the PCM head unit , I suggest you wrap it up and tape it to something behind there to stop it slipping and rattling ( this happened to me at first). I got my local ICE guy to do mine , just ask if they have worked on Porsches before. I seem to remember if you have a cd changer it replaces that as you cant have both ,having said that I have a recolection that someone on here did manage to make both work but cant 100% remember.

MOST (Media Oriented Systems Transport) is a high-speed multimedia network technology optimized by the automotive industry. It can be used for applications inside or outside the car.

Phil 997 said:
They sit behind the PCM head unit , I suggest you wrap it up and tape it to something behind there to stop it slipping and rattling ( this happened to me at first). I got my local ICE guy to do mine , just ask if they have worked on Porsches before. I seem to remember if you have a cd changer it replaces that as you cant have both ,having said that I have a recolection that someone on here did manage to make both work but cant 100% remember.

MOST refers to the fibre interface , no idea what it stands for probably something in German :floor: :floor:

worth noting that normally a bose equiped car has fibre cables, a non Bose doesnt, but thats not always the case as my gen1 non bose did have fibre cables maybe it was a friday built car :dont know: so if your fitting things like aftermarket head units you need a most optical interface to allow the new head unit eg alpine or whatever to comunicate to the rest of the system . Navtv also do those I think they are called most-hur, but that for changing the head unit to an aftermarket one.

https://www.carcommunications.co.uk/navtv-most-bose-amp-stereo-wiring-harness-adaptor-for-porsche

Millsy

Just had a look at the decoder on ebay with your link.
So what do we do with it?

I am aware that what ever is used is plugged into the cd multi changer but that's about it.

Phil997 your knowledge is called for fella? :?:

Gents the one Millsy posted a link to looks fine I cant see a reason why it wouldnt work and I know others that have used the cheaper ones and been fine. I know 100% the navtv one does what it says on the tin as thats what I used but at £99 got to be worth a try your covered by distance selling laws if its not right.
What are you planning to do with it as you only need the most interface if you are fitting an aftermarket head unit to the car with fibre cables eg Bose but some non bose are also like it as I posted earlier .

This is not what you need to connect /hardwire your iPhone/pod to the PCM2.1 to stream music
or what you need to bluetooth for phone calls.

I hope I have explained ok the info , problem is when you start reading up on these things guys are doing different fixes and it easily getts missunderstood and you start to think thats what you need .
But I think I am right in thinking your not changing the head unit you want to connect your iphone to the PCM to stream music

I also posted a link to a unit that will allow you to bluetooth your iphone to the PCM2.1 to make /recieve calls

its two different items one for each job and doesnt need a MOST interface :thumb:

Phil

Yep clear as day, thank you.
And your bang on as yes I want to keep the original head as it is and connect my iPhone to it.
Will let you know how it goes.

My local porky dealer (Solihull) will put an aux cable in fot £400 and that is just to connect a phone / mp3 players to play music from said device.

Tobyone said:
Phil

Yep clear as day, thank you.
And your bang on as yes I want to keep the original head as it is and connect my iPhone to it.
Will let you know how it goes.

My local porky dealer (Solihull) will put an aux cable in fot £400 and that is just to connect a phone / mp3 players to play music from said device.

Perfect ,keep us posted mate as its something that often gets asked in threads :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back