Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering wheel immobiliser, what to get?

fastlowe

Thinking of getting a steering wheel lock for my 997 gen2, just as an extra deterrent, any recommendations? Thanks

I've just purchased a stoplock pro for mine, not had a chance to fit it yet, but it seems to be decently rated in tests and reviews.

Always fitted a stoplock when parked away from home...it's a great visual deterrent

I used to use a Disklok on my old VWs until I saw a video on youtube of someone removing one in about 30 seconds.

The old stop locks if you hit it in the right place hard with the ball of your hand they spring open.

Pointless IMO, a pair of bolt cutters will make 2 snips to a steering wheel in under 30 seconds.

Maybe enough to deter a casual theif on to the next car in the car park if its something ordinary, but no use for a 977.

To steal a 997 they will be coming tooled up with a key pick and a laptop to bypass the immobiliser / capture remove codes, a wheel lock will be no problem to them.

if someone is determined to steal your motor they usually will I guess...but a visual deterrent does no harm.

I used to use an autolock on my Boxster, it was thatcham category 1 approved at the time if I remember but that was over 15 years ago. Was a decent bit of kit and covered the whole wheel (well half of it).

I dont use one at the moment but rarely leave my cars outdoors. I notice people on my street are using them on ordinary motors, particularly Ford S max's which the crooks love for some reason.

wasz said:
I used to use a Disklok on my old VWs until I saw a video on youtube of someone removing one in about 30 seconds.

The old stop locks if you hit it in the right place hard with the ball of your hand they spring open.

Pointless IMO, a pair of bolt cutters will make 2 snips to a steering wheel in under 30 seconds.

Maybe enough to deter a casual theif on to the next car in the car park if its something ordinary, but no use for a 977.

To steal a 997 they will be coming tooled up with a key pick and a laptop to bypass the immobiliser / capture remove codes, a wheel lock will be no problem to them.

My sentiments exactly :thumb: If they want it, they'll have it.

I have a stoplock. May well stop the chancer. i think the serious theif will simply take it away on.a flat bed.
The internet & youtube is full of videos & tales of doom. my advice is to take it with a pinch of salt.

Similar thoughts on a tracker, if someone steals my car, i dont want it back. No way do i want to track it.

Comedy value only. Save your money and take the better half out for a meal

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back