Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel spacer advice

Aphill80 said:
thanks for the link they only seem to do silver in for a 997 2005 3.8S

I am assuming that reply was for Mike as TPI do have them in Black :thumb:

TPI? you've lost me : :dont know:

Wait i worked it out!!! :pc:

and they are near me ! :thumbs:

Aphill80 said:
TPI? you've lost me : :dont know:

Wait i worked it out!!! :pc:

and they are near me ! :thumbs:

Yeah TPI were the guys I was also trying to remember the name of but failing ... I knew someone else would be along soon with the answer!

Thats even better as you can go there and try every option until your happy :thumb: :thumb:

Hey Phil,

I am looking for black spacers, purley so they match the rear of the turbo wheel which are coloured black, so in theroy a nice seemless joint to the grey hubs on the disc's.

There are loads of spacers out there but it just getting the write ones, based on what peeps are talking about then will go with 7mm front and 15mm rear, my biggest conerns is MoT. Yeap take them off before you go but are these or are these a possible MoT failure - I suppose it depends how far they potrude out really...

Again the front's, the TPI's dont have shims on so it relies on the OEM hub to support. I havent measure the depth but this would be a concern for sure.

Any thoughts fella :?:

Hi John , I have never had an MOT issue with spacers fitted, the key is keeping it flush with the lip of the arch I am confident on a widebody car you will have not issues with 15mm rears , I agree with your thoughts on the front hub and its very hard to find a black 7mm spacer with spigots most are just a shim in which case I think you would be happier fitting a black 5mm shim on the fronts
5mm is fine and is the size Porsche actually sell and recommend at vast cost lol
hope that helps mate ,if you need any more info let me know :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
I am confident on a widebody car you will have not issues with 15mm rears

What about NBs??

TheCock said:
Phil 997 said:

What about NBs??

Yes mate due to the offsets being different on a wide and narrow body and the NB running 295 over the WB 305 tyres the 15mm will also be fine on a NB car :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
TheCock said:
Phil 997 said:

What about NBs??

Yes mate due to the offsets being different on a wide and narrow body and the NB running 295 over the WB 305 tyres the 15mm will also be fine on a NB car :thumb:

Ace ta!

Link for spacers I bought, hubcentric type and available silver or black anodised, I have been really pleased with mine, and after much research these are top quality at a fraction of the price some others charge.
http://www.wheelspacers.uk.com

diverzeusy said:
Link for spacers I bought, hubcentric type and available silver or black anodised, I have been really pleased with mine, and after much research these are top quality at a fraction of the price some others charge.
http://www.wheelspacers.uk.com

Good find Paul looks like they may do shims with hub spigots down to 3mm in black :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yep good find there mate, just had a quick look :thumb:

Did you get the longer bolts and locking bolts from them too as cannot see them listed.

John997 said:

Did you get the longer bolts and locking bolts from them too as cannot see them listed.
Hi John
I sent you a pm with loads of information, the wheel studs I purchased from eBay item number ,320956496526.
The seller also has longer studs in various quantity etc, very good quality and 18 months several track day later no complaints 👍

Cheers Paul
:thumb: :thumb:

diverzeusy said:
John997 said:

Hi John
I sent you a pm with loads of information, the wheel studs I purchased from eBay item number ,320956496526.
The seller also has longer studs in various quantity etc, very good quality and 18 months several track day later no complaints 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back