Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RSJ Sports Cars experience ?

dp400

Hi All

Im sure there are people on here that have bought from RSJ before, but my question is has anyone bought from them and then had a serious issue come up during the warranty period. If so did RSJ sort it out as they say they will?

Also, how much extra do you think is an acceptable mark up to pay for the warranty you get from RSJ over a similar non RSJ car?

All comments appreciated as usual.

:D

You have nothing to fear from them, one of the best out there, they even did stuff for me before and after the warranty ran out for free that's why I just brought another one from them, you pay a bit more from them but well worth it, go have a look and chat to them they'll put your mind at rest

I woudnt worry too much fella, they have a good reputation. Granted they are a tad more expensive than other out there but like rakerone said above - give them a chat or even better go and see them if possible.

They stand behind their cars, I bought from them last year and bent over backwards and even did some things prep'ing the car that i did not even ask for.

TBH, you get what you pay for and I will not hestitate going back :thumb:

As others have said, you've got nothing to worry about with RSJ. My car had a significant amount of work done ahead of collection and even more done during the warranty period. It was in no way due to poor preparation, the issues only came to light through use and were rectified without question. I cannot recommend them enough and I would happily buy from RSJ again.

I just got a great car from them and the serive before and after was incredible...I will be returning to Darren again for sure.
I doubt their attitude and ethics change on warranty they seem straight down the line . They want to please clients....wish more dealers were like them

Another satisfied RSJ customer who had work done before and after collection.

Honest reliable guys who stand behind theirs cars and reputation.

Bought my C2S from RSJ back in 2013, it was superbly prepared and when the water pump gave up after a couple of months they fixed it promptly with no fuss. Their warranty is back to base rather than Insurance, which passes the problem over to you to deal with a warranty company. I'd much rather buy from a dealer that warranty's their cars themselves, but obviously make sure you understand RSJ's terms. Everything is covered for 3 months, but there's no point going back to them with a suspension issue after 8 months, by that time their 1 year warranty is engine and gearbox only.

Purchased my C2S from them back in November without seeing the car and to be fair they exceeded expectation. I had one minor niggle develop and that was a bubble in the mirror; quick email and the car was booked in and a new interior mirror fitted with no questions asked. They inspire confidence and I am more than happy with the service and quality which upholds there brand.

Sorry may I add I never test drove the car prior to purchase that's how confident they are they don't really do test drives.
A month later I had some suspension issue a part was seized and I felt the tracking needed re doing and a quick call car was booked in and fixed . They have their own workshop so its easy for them and cheap to fix
you have absolutely no concerns ....Ill warrant for them lol :)

The best dealer in the country in my opinion. I feel like a real family member when visiting them, a totally relaxed experience. The only thing my car threw up was a minute pin hole in one front rad after 3 months, which in truth, was probably caused by a stone (there was evidence of some heavy stone pitting on the bumper above the radiator aperture, which occurred after I drove the car), this was dealt with swiftly and at no expense to me.

All of the team are great people to deal with. As for prices, I have found them to be upper-mid, not top end. :bye:

DynoMike said:
The best dealer in the country in my opinion. I feel like a real family member when visiting them, a totally relaxed experience. The only thing my car threw up was a minute pin hole in one front rad after 3 months, which in truth, was probably caused by a stone (there was evidence of some heavy stone pitting on the bumper above the radiator aperture, which occurred after I drove the car), this was dealt with swiftly and at no expense to me.

All of the team are great people to deal with. As for prices, I have found them to be upper-mid, not top end. :bye:

I found this also.........car privately would have been 32-33 I paid 34k

I spoke with them many years ago about a Turbo they had in stock which I was interested in. A no test drive policy meant I bought elsewhere.

There was also a thread over on PistonHeads quite a few years ago which didn't show RSJ in an odd light, something about swapping PSE's from one car to put on another if a potential customer wanted it.

Martian said:
I spoke with them many years ago about a Turbo they had in stock which I was interested in. A no test drive policy meant I bought elsewhere.

Same for me, I went to see them last year for a 997.1 turbo. No test drive policy, so I eventually bought from RPM. A shame.

They seem to want around 5K more than the market - cannot see what can be so great about that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back