Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S - depreciation etc

AngusG

Hi all

I'm thinking of changing my 997 turbo (tip) to a 991 C4S.

Has anyone made that move and have any tips/pointers?

I am fairly sure I've not lost much money on the turbo and that's one of my key considerations - want to avoid depreciation as much as I can. What are C4S values doing?

There are a couple of nice sapphire blue ones at OPCs, in the early 70k region. Not sure if these represent good value.

Thoughts greatly appreciated!

Cheers
A

Your thoughts echo exactly the change that I'd planned to be doing now when I bought my 997T 3 years ago.

Whilst part 1 of my plan has worked well - in that the sale value of my 997T is about £2k more than I paid for it - part 2 (see below) hasn't materialised. :sad:

The 991 (all variants) hasn't depreciate anywhere near as quickly as I'd hoped and the C4S particularly, by virtue of it costing so much more when new, is way over what I'd anticipated it would be.

I had hoped that an early, sensible mileage, C4S would be in the mid-high £50k's by now. As you've found ....... they're not. In fact some 997s have bounced back to that sort of money.

Some days I still kick myself that I didn't buy the 13 plate Aqua Blue car for sale last summer. It was at an OPC for £63k. The downside was that it had done 57k miles. With hindsight that would have been a great buy for me.

T8 said:
I had hoped that an early, sensible mileage, C4S would be in the mid-high £50k's by now. As you've found ....... they're not.

Update. There are actually couple of private sale cars on AT at a smidge under £60k.

Cheers, will take a look!

The C4Ss do really seem to have held their value well. Like you've I've been closely monitoring them!

Am considering the ones for sale at the OPCs, all around the same price and fairly low mileage (with manual gearbox which I really miss!). Any advice on them? One at Wolverhampton looks pretty high spec.

I've read some negative reviews about the manual 991, but part of me can't quite believe it's that bad. I thought the gearbox on my 997.1 was fantastic and although I've got used to my tip, it doesn't really do it for me.

A

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back