Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Think my water pumps gone !!!

bobi61

My coolant is coming out from the the water pump and I wonder has anyone changed their own ive been on youtube and it seems straight forwards,, also any idea on brands I have been told to avoid euro car parts !!

2006 911 C2S 997-1

Its not hard .. but then i would say that wouldn't i :grin:

I can sort you out some instructions if needed .. pm me an email addy.

The official way is to remove the engine carrier .. just move it back a bit as removing that IS a big job !

Demort said:

The official way is to remove the engine carrier .. just move it back a bit as removing that IS a big job !

Hey Demort, do you take on private work?

My Nephew works at a garage and they from on euro carparts and use a local motor factor ,, they have had problems with parts ,,,just for interest i have bought a Febi water pump £118 !!!,,, no doubt it was made in North Korea by martians !!!

bobi61 said:
My Nephew works at a garage and they from on euro carparts and use a local motor factor ,, they have had problems with parts ,,,just for interest i have bought a Febi water pump £118 !!!,,, no doubt it was made in North Korea by martians !!!

Febi bilstein is German bud.

RXP. said:
Demort said:

Not for the last 25 years !

45 hours per week is enough for me .. plus at any Porsche garage you would be sacked for doing it .. seen it happen .

Demort said:
RXP. said:
Demort said:

Not for the last 25 years !

45 hours per week is enough for me .. plus at any Porsche garage you would be sacked for doing it .. seen it happen .

Far play bud. Are there any local meets? You are about 15 mins away from me.

RXP. said:
bobi61 said:

Febi bilstein is German bud.

And ECP stock some of their products.
:D

when mine went last year I used Autodoc, OEM and good price, used them for my Tandem oil pump too, exactly same make as original porsche. You will need a good selection of sockets including some 3/8 or 1/4 drive ones, there are a couple of really difficult bolts to get off. I took off the Cat bracket, which turned out to be cracked and needed replacement. I supported the engine and took off the two engine mounts to remove the other engine bracket.think I also removed so pipes to aid access.Took me about a day going really slow, I'm 65+ now so knees and back don't like it.There are plenty of youtube videos, some suggest removal of the exhaust manifolds which I don't think is necessary.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back