Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What future for 996 & 997 Turbos?

Keeping talking up the 996 Turbos...

Mine goes to the dealer on Saturday!

:)

New997buyer said:
The brand will keep growing, maintain its prestige status, and Porsche will continue to succeed in exploiting every niche available.

The 'turbo' range will continue to be prized.

And as each generation matures it'll reach the bottom of the depreciation curve before an upswing in value. This will then settle at a level commensurate with initial desirability and overall availability.

Raggy will continue to bleat on about how much better the older cars were...

And forums will be filled with naysayers and doomsayers spouting how what came before was the 'last of' and the 'best of'.

In other words what'll change? Nothing. :what: :thumbs:

Yep, twas always thus. :thumb:

edit: changed N997B's post slightly for accuracy...

westcoastclassic said:
Yes agree on the Turbo hierarchy thing of course, I am a Turbo owner.
Power wise a 991 C4s is about the same as a standard 996t, it can be argued looks better in comparison, so mow many potential buyers will this sway if and when the prices ever align .......

............. When you have more options on the table demand goes down. Its merely a thought, as too many people feel that that their Turbo cars will go through the roof in value like the air cooled did before it. I feel that given time we will have more and more options which of course is good thing? Surely?

The fact remains that the Carrera and the Turbo are totally different cars and there will always be a demand for both.

Logic doesn't always come in to it when considering what car may be available to buy for the same money.

Potential 911 buyers are already able to choose where they spend their available £££s. eg. They are already able to decide whether to spend £40k on a 15 year old 996 Turbo or the same money on a much newer Gen2 997 Carrera. Both are in demand so both sell at that price.

I can't see this changing when, in a few years time, potential 911 buyers will be able to choose whether to spend their budget on a 420 hp 991.2 Carrera or a 420 hp 996 Turbo. The former will be in far greater supply than the latter so demand for both will always be equal.

No water-cooled 911 will ever be valued the same as an equivalent air-cooled car but again this is mostly down to availability v demand. The fact that some people are prepared to pay a lot more money for an older version of the same car reaffirms my earlier point.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back