Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DIY Eibach Springs and Aerokit install (well almost)

RXP. said:
Absolutely mega upgrade. So much more impact.

Car looks really nice. This is next on my list but must... resist.... for now.

Thanks RXP! I was trying to resist for the moment too.. but then the wing came up 2nd hand at a price I couldn't refuse and so the rest of it snowballed :) oh well!!! :D

squelch said:
Mikee Quickstep said:
squelch said:
Nice work Mikee, looks great.
How easy is it to remove the rear decklid / engine cover?
I'm looking at putting the ducktail on mine - it looks like it's just a case of unclipping the wiring harness and then two bolts either side and it's off...?

Yep exactly that, the only thing of note is that there is movement in the bolts when you do them up to allow you to line up the wing so takes a bit of playing to get it sitting nicely but other than that pretty much plug and play..

Excellent. Thanks Mikee!
I'm so undecided about the ducktail but sounds like I can throw it on and see what I think without too much fuss! Cheers!

Think you'll also need to code out the speed dependent spoiler and get a new high level brake light.

jonno_ said:
squelch said:
Mikee Quickstep said:
squelch said:
Nice work Mikee, looks great.
How easy is it to remove the rear decklid / engine cover?
I'm looking at putting the ducktail on mine - it looks like it's just a case of unclipping the wiring harness and then two bolts either side and it's off...?

Yep exactly that, the only thing of note is that there is movement in the bolts when you do them up to allow you to line up the wing so takes a bit of playing to get it sitting nicely but other than that pretty much plug and play..

Excellent. Thanks Mikee!
I'm so undecided about the ducktail but sounds like I can throw it on and see what I think without too much fuss! Cheers!

Think you'll also need to choose out the speed dependent spoiler and get a new high level brake light.

Don't think you'll need a new rear brake light for a ducktail? Certainly didn't for my new wing, you can see in this pic (just about) it sits above the deck lid which is the bit you replace.....

Attachments

• 1de4992e_9382_4210_8ef0_4b44c4b36bd2_353.jpeg
    1de4992e_9382_4210_8ef0_4b44c4b36bd2_353.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 3,485

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back