Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dinslaken 2018 - Planning & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update for those interested in joining the Spa Dinslaken 2018 Itinerary

Sunday
Southern leg
Leave Bournemouth 07.30
meet others joining at Portsmouth OPC 9am
head to Tunnel to meet others meeting at the Tunnel Services for 11.30

Sunday
Looking to meet at Tunnel Services UK side about 11.30ish
get a train about 12ish ,re group Services Tunnel Calais side

This is the proposed route to Spa

https://goo.gl/maps/zzJVXSngB2y

It has been reccomended as having some nice roads and senery it is a 6 hrs drive to the close to Spa hotel ,so allowing for a stop or two 7 hrs so looking to arrive at the hotel around 7/7.30pm check in then grab some food and a beer.

Monday
breakfast then head to Spa for the booked in Laps and Tour
this is a group single cost and depends on numbers as to the final cost, Fast track will confirm when final numbers are known the max is 15 cars and 25 people but based on numbers in each group last year this should be fine.
After the tour grab some Lunch then head to Oberhousen to the Tryp Hotel
via some hopefully nice roads and some unrestricted autobahn allowing around 3 to 4 hrs for that leg looking to arrive at the tryp late afternoon. check in and meet up with the other 911uk groups ,head to the pagoda buffet and some beers.

when we have a route map for this leg I will post it up.

Tuesday
Breakfast, assemble in the car park and convoy the 16 miles to the Dinslaken showground. Attend the show.

http://www.porschefreunde-1mai.de

At this point Some will head home after the show others may want to head to Dusseldorf (20 mins) and go to the classic remise

http://remise.de/Classic-Remise-Duesseldorf-english-summary.php

For those staying for the Tuesday night you can either do your own thing or join those that will be eating (probably the pagoda again lol) and a few beers in the local bars

Wed
Breakfast ,Meet those heading back to the UK as a group leave about 10.30am
fill up with Vmax racing 100 Ron (because we can lol) in the Shell next to the hotel then head to Calais about a 5hr drive inc comfort stops arrive Calais 3.30
ready for a train about 4.30pm ish arrive UK around 5pm grab a quick coffee at UK tunnel services then head home.

I hope that suits those interested in the Spa Dinslaken Itinerary any questions about anything feel free to contact Fast track tours or me.(I have no affilation with Fast track) I am just happy to help pull a fun road trip together and act as a point of contact for guys off the forum planning the same trip.

With the exception of the tryp hotel which I have booked directly, Fast track are booking the rest of the Itinerary for me (including lorry deck train space as its wider and flat), they can also add the tryp hotel to your personalised booking if you wish or amend return tunnel train times etc etc to suit your needs.

This is the list of those interested at the moment , If you want to join please add your name and make contact with fast track to arrange your particular needs.

http://fasttracktours.co.uk/booking/porsche-freunde-dinslaken/

I look forward to seeing you at the tryp or enroute

SPA-DINSLAKEN ITINERARY

1. Phil 997 & KJD 1 car 2 persons
2. easternjets 1 car 1 person
3. Ptabi 1 car 2 people
4. chaser 1 cars 1 person
5. chasers mate 1 car 1 person
6. Porkee 1 car 2 people.
7. Wiggyman 1 car 2 people

Can I just ask without being rude but does 'wiggyman' wear a syrup :dont know: as I was after some advice :oops:

Zingari said:
Can I just ask without being rude but does 'wiggyman' wear a syrup :dont know: as I was after some advice :oops:

:floor: :floor: I am sure his girlfriend told me he wears a Mirkin is that the advise you were seeking Zingers :grin: :grin: :grin:

This Dinslaken trip sounds like it would be a huge laugh, but 1st May conflicts with a major holiday over here (called Vappu), and I'd miss a seriously good party.

It would not be unreasonable to substitute one party for another (we all have to make compromises), but I'm not sure the Supreme Commander Allied Forces would appreciate it, as I'm supposed to be at home, hosting the thing... :frustrated: :wack: :lock: :nooo:

So what are the other events you guys attend? The Porsche Parade seems a bit ... worthy. And there's no track.

MaxA said:
This Dinslaken trip sounds like it would be a huge laugh, but 1st May conflicts with a major holiday over here (called Vappu), and I'd miss a seriously good party.

It would not be unreasonable to substitute one party for another (we all have to make compromises), but I'm not sure the Supreme Commander Allied Forces would appreciate it, as I'm supposed to be at home, hosting the thing... :frustrated: :wack: :lock: :nooo:

So what are the other events you guys attend? The Porsche Parade seems a bit ... worthy. And there's no track.

Max,
Put Sup. Com. on the phone I will put him straight on which prorities etc lol

Probably the biggest event in the South is Simply Porsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gxMFX_zKxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2cuWmjZGD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbiX2MgoFTg

https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-porsche/

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123669

Nice part of the country to combine with a few days driving lots of great hotels in the New Forest. :thumb:

Update for those interested in joining the Spa Dinslaken 2018 Itinerary

Sunday
Southern leg
Leave Bournemouth 07.30
meet others joining at Portsmouth OPC 9am
head to Tunnel to meet others meeting at the Tunnel Services for 11.30

Sunday
Looking to meet at Tunnel Services UK side about 11.30ish
get a train about 12ish ,re group Services Tunnel Calais side

This is the proposed route to Spa

https://goo.gl/maps/zzJVXSngB2y

It has been reccomended as having some nice roads and senery it is a 6 hrs drive to the close to Spa hotel ,so allowing for a stop or two 7 hrs so looking to arrive at the hotel around 7/7.30pm check in then grab some food and a beer.

Monday
breakfast then head to Spa for the booked in Laps and Tour
this is a group single cost and depends on numbers as to the final cost, Fast track will confirm when final numbers are known the max is 15 cars and 25 people but based on numbers in each group last year this should be fine.
After the tour grab some Lunch then head to Oberhousen to the Tryp Hotel
via some hopefully nice roads and some unrestricted autobahn allowing around 3 to 4 hrs for that leg looking to arrive at the tryp late afternoon. check in and meet up with the other 911uk groups ,head to the pagoda buffet and some beers.

when we have a route map for this leg I will post it up.

Tuesday
Breakfast, assemble in the car park and convoy the 16 miles to the Dinslaken showground. Attend the show.

http://www.porschefreunde-1mai.de

At this point Some will head home after the show others may want to head to Dusseldorf (20 mins) and go to the classic remise

http://remise.de/Classic-Remise-Duesseldorf-english-summary.php

For those staying for the Tuesday night you can either do your own thing or join those that will be eating (probably the pagoda again lol) and a few beers in the local bars

Wed
Breakfast ,Meet those heading back to the UK as a group leave about 10.30am
fill up with Vmax racing 100 Ron (because we can lol) in the Shell next to the hotel then head to Calais about a 5hr drive inc comfort stops arrive Calais 3.30
ready for a train about 4.30pm ish arrive UK around 5pm grab a quick coffee at UK tunnel services then head home.

I hope that suits those interested in the Spa Dinslaken Itinerary any questions about anything feel free to contact Fast track tours or me.(I have no affilation with Fast track) I am just happy to help pull a fun road trip together and act as a point of contact for guys off the forum planning the same trip.

With the exception of the tryp hotel which I have booked directly, Fast track are booking the rest of the Itinerary for me (including lorry deck train space as its wider and flat), they can also add the tryp hotel to your personalised booking if you wish or amend return tunnel train times etc etc to suit your needs.

This is the list of those interested at the moment , If you want to join please add your name and make contact with fast track to arrange your particular needs.

http://fasttracktours.co.uk/booking/porsche-freunde-dinslaken/

I look forward to seeing you at the tryp or enroute

SPA-DINSLAKEN ITINERARY

3. Wiggyman 1 car 2 people

Thanks Phil :thumb:

Don't forget:
  • 1. I can arrange the Eurotunnel at competitive prices for anyone regardless of your itinerary, not only those going via Spa Francorchamps, and
    2. To contact me asap to order your entrance ticket(s) for the show.
Easiest way to get in touch is to complete this form.

Cheers,
L'rs

ELA said:
Been asked about where to stay if you are coming over to me. Here is a good place to stay and very reasonable prices, excellent food/wine...

OK me and Trev are sorted :Dance-Tap:
The 'ELA' tour
Saturday 28th April
Traveling early from Doncaster A1 South to Eurotunnel
(If you wish to split the journey, then travel to Premier Inn/Travel Lodge etc. @ Folkstone on the Friday night before, so you are fresh for the euro leg :thumb: )
booked on the 10:20am crossing Saturday 28th
with time difference we will be in France about 12 noon.
Re-group at the Eurotunnel petrol station then a (approx!) 300 mile/5 Hr drive to Traben Trarbach, + Lunch stop to be advised.
Lots of accommodation at Traben on booking.com etc
Sunday 29th April
Breakfast, then out with Richard aka 'ELA' who is going to plan a scenic route with some great driving roads and good food, finish the day back at Trarbach, beer + more food :thumb:
Monday 30th April
Breakfast, then make our way to Duseldorf and the 'Classic Remise' this leg is about 150 miles depending on final route chosen, but should include some good autobahn sections :lol:
Link
http://www.remise.de/Classic-Remise-Duesseldorf-english-summary.php
After a couple of hours drueling, a short drive (25miles) to Oberhausen and the Tryp Hotel, quick shower and the Pagoda Buffet awaits :food: oh +beer
Tuesday 1st May
Breakfast, then we all convoy to the Dinslaken show, a nice leisurely day with some of the best Porches in the world!
later return to the Tryp as and when then more food + beer :grin:
Wednesday 2nd May
Breakfast, then fuel up with V-Power at the very conveniently placed pump (outside the Tryp!) then head off to Calais (approx 250 miles/4hrs + lunch/toilet stops)
16:50 crossing so land in the UK about 16:20 with time difference, we may get an earlier crossing if available and we get there earlier.
anyone wishing to go with this itinery you are more than welcome
cheers
diverzeusy

ELA Tour
1 Diverzeusy +1 Riviera 996 Turbo

Updated 👍

SPA-DINSLAKEN ITINERARY

7. Sonic 1 car 1 person

Ps: if anybody needs a seat at the track drive or to the Tryp or anytime over the event just hit me up as i'll be attending alone.

See you on the Sunday night at Spa!

I'm going!!!!!
Not sure if i'll be in the 911 or my 914 but I am really looking forward to the trypp 8) :D

Update Itinerary for The 'ELA' tour
Friday 27th evening
Traveling afternoon/tea time from Doncaster A1 South to
Premier Inn Hotel:Dover (A20)
(If you wish to split the journey, then travel to Premier Inn/Travel Lodge etc. @ Folkstone/Dover on the Friday night before, so you are fresh for the euro leg. For those travelling Saturday to the tunnel, we can all meet up Saturday am @ Eurotunnel )
Saturday 28th April
booked on the 10:20am crossing Saturday 28th
with time difference we will be in France about 12 noon.
Re-group at the Eurotunnel petrol station then a (approx!) 300 mile/5 Hr drive to Traben Trarbach, + Lunch stop to be advised.
Lots of accommodation at Traben on booking.com etc
Sunday 29th April
Breakfast, then out with Richard aka 'ELA' who is going to plan a scenic route with some great driving roads and good food, finish the day back at Traben, beer + more food
Monday 30th April
Breakfast, then make our way to Duseldorf and the 'Classic Remise' this leg is about 150 miles depending on final route chosen, but should include some good autobahn sections
Link
http://www.remise.de/Classic-Remise-Duesseldorf-english-summary.php
After a couple of hours drueling, a short drive (25miles) to Oberhausen and the Tryp Hotel, quick shower and the Pagoda Buffet awaits oh +beer
Tuesday 1st May
Breakfast, then we all convoy to the Dinslaken show, a nice leisurely day with some of the best Porches in the world!
later return to the Tryp as and when then more food + beer
Wednesday 2nd May
Breakfast, then fuel up with V-Power at the very conveniently placed pump (outside the Tryp!) then head off to Calais (approx 250 miles/4hrs + lunch/toilet stops)
16:50 crossing so land in the UK about 16:20 with time difference, we may get an earlier crossing if available and we get there earlier.
anyone wishing to go with this itinerary you are more than welcome
cheers
diverzeusy

ELA Tour
1 Diverzeusy +1 Riviera 996 Turbo

sonic said:
Updated 👍

SPA-DINSLAKEN ITINERARY

7. Sonic 1 car 1 person

Ps: if anybody needs a seat at the track drive or to the Tryp or anytime over the event just hit me up as i'll be attending alone.

See you on the Sunday night at Spa!

Perfect I will keep you in the loop and see you at the spa hotel sunday evening :thumb: :thumb:

Updated 👍

SPA-DINSLAKEN ITINERARY

7. Sonic 1 car 1 person
8. Medmick 1 car 2 people

medmick said:
Updated 👍

SPA-DINSLAKEN ITINERARY

7. Sonic 1 car 1 person
8. Medmick 1 car 2 people

Good to see you can make it Mick I will keep you updated mate :thumb:

Confirmed as booked in at the Tryp Hotel for Monday 30th April (at least).

1. Askgeez - GTS coupe PDK - Tryp booked for Monday
2. Phil 997 & KJD- 997 Carrera 4s -Booked Tryp hotel Mon/Tues
3. T8 + 1 – 997 turbo - TRYP Booked for Monday night
4. Diverzeusy +1 – 996 turbo-Booked Tryp Mon/Tues
5. FRP - 996 turbo 9eXX - BOOKED TRYP AND TUNNEL
6. DrJim - Cayman S - Booked Tryp Mon / Tue
7. Ptabi - 2012 Turbo S PDK - Booked Tryp for only Monday 30 April 2018
8. chaser 997.2 T - Booked Tryp for mon and tues
9. Kush 997.1 T - Booked Tryp for mon and tues
10. M119cars Tryp booked Mon&Tue
11. wiggyman +1 Tryp booked mon&tues
12. New997buyer - 997.1 turbo - Tryp booked
13.. Ragpicker +1 - Rolling money pit - Tryp booked
14. spiderlane - 997 GTS - Tryp booked
15. DucatiRob - 997 -Tryp Booked for Mon and Tues
16. Porsche Torque - 996.2 GT3
17. Porsche Torques Mate - BMW Alpina - Tryp booked for Mon
18. MJA911 - 997.1 GT3 - Tryp booked for Monday
19. Mr Pub + Passenger Adrian - 997.2 Turbo S - Tryp booked Monday
20. LoFi - 996 turbo - Tryp booked Mon
21. Porkee + passenger Martin 997 1.5 Turbo Tryp booked Mon Tues.
22. Squelch - 997 GTS - Tryp booked for Mon & Tues.
23. hopeydaze - 993C2 - Tryp booked Monday and Tuesday
24. Budflicker - 996C4S - Tryp booked
25. Osh - 996 C4S Cab - Tryp booked Monday and Tuesday
26. JohnnyDangerous & Nursey - Nissan GTR-R35 -Tryp booked Monday and Tuesday
27. easternjets - 997.2 Turbo - Tryp booked Monday & Tuesday
28. muzotn12+1 - 997 C4S - Tryp booked Monday & Tuesday
29. Sonic - 997 C2S - Tryp booked Monday & Tuesday
30. kas 750
31. medmick +1

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads