Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Evo Triangle and Mach Loop

TheBear

So 1 week in to 911 ownership and I think a solo road trip is in order. So I'm off to Wales to try and catch some jets near the Brecon Beacons and a hoon about in N. Wales on a (hopefully) emptyish Evo Triangle. Heading off down the M4 and across the bridge first thing in the morning. Up through the most beautiful country eventually arriving in Betws y Coed tomorrow evening.

A little back and forth between North and South Wales attempting to spy jets on Monday and then a meander back down the country and eventually back to the bosom of Berks on Tuesday.

A fitting intro to a Porsche I hope.

There are better roads than the triangle. Keep an eye out for unmarked Police cars. Last time we were there we saw a BMW.

I reckon you're right and thanks for the heads up. I think it's 90 odd mins between the triangle and the Mach loop so hoping I can stumble across some ace roads travelling back and forth. Any suggestions though please let me know. I have want to make the most of these next 3 days....

Few less obvious ones....

Brecon to Builth by the alternate B4520 rather than a470

Rhayader To Aberystwyth via devils falls B4518 and B4571 and A4120

Then north for the A470 at Machynlleth to Betws y Coed through snowden national park.

Enjoy.
:thumb:

Keeps your eyes open for earthquakes! ....... :grin:

So after a late start following a blown brake light I have arrived (think I have a loose connection) The A5 was a decent road although after almost 5 hrs driving I was ready for a pint rather than a blast.

It's very beautiful here and looking forward to getting up tomorrow and trying some of these roads you have all suggested.

I'm the back of this thread I went for a spin today and ended up in Betws Coed or what ever it's called. As darkness fell I found the quality of driving decisions by other also fell. Had to stamp on the brakes as someone coming towards us went for a gap that wasn't there.
Otherwise some great roads with a lack of BIB out in patrol.

FZP said:
I'm the back of this thread I went for a spin today and ended up in Betws Coed or what ever it's called. As darkness fell I found the quality of driving decisions by other also fell. Had to stamp on the brakes as someone coming towards us went for a gap that wasn't there.

Where you heading out from Betws on the A5 at around 4.30/5.00? If so I think I went passed you going in the opposite direction.

TheBear said:
FZP said:

Where you heading out from Betws on the A5 at around 4.30/5.00? If so I think I went passed you going in the opposite direction.
Yes that was me! I heard a fruity sounding 911 but didn't quite catch your car. What a shame. Did you stop in Betws?

FZP said:
TheBear said:
FZP said:

Yes that was me! I heard a fruity sounding 911 but didn't quite catch your car. What a shame. Did you stop in Betws?

I'm still in Betws.... Smashed 250 miles today. Went to snowdonia, Evo Triangle and various other A and B roads. The best by far was the B4391. No cars and pretty complex. Gave the car a proper workout. It's now disgustingly filthy and I love it. Headed home tomorrow.

4391 is a local road to me. Ideal for a quick blast in a morning. Loads of others like that near here. Great living in the middle of nowhere.

Glad you enjoyed your trip!

TJW964 said:
4391 is a local road to me. Ideal for a quick blast in a morning. Loads of others like that near here. Great living in the middle of nowhere.

Loved it. Car is clean again just in time for a quick drive down to Surrey. The roads in N. Wales spoiled me though! Nothing like that around Berkshire that I can find.

TheBear said:
TJW964 said:

Loved it. Car is clean again just in time for a quick drive down to Surrey. The roads in N. Wales spoiled me though! Nothing like that around Berkshire that I can find.

The only decent roads in Berkshire are out West... B4507 Wantage to Ashbury, B4000 to Lambourn, B4001 back toward Wantage again. Nice little circuit, but nothing like Wales! Newbury/Wantage B4494 is fun too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back