Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time clock on a sports chrono?

badbox

Which of the sports chrono's also act as a clock?

I saw it in apics and my Gen 1 doesnt have that feature. Is it a Gen 2 feature or a diiferent Porsche model all together

I didnt know any 997.1 or 2 chronos were clocks only a lap timer. I have seen it where people have modified them to house a speed camera detector and other dials but those were aftermarket mods . :thumb:

I would guess the 911 got a clock when the 991 was introduced. On the Cayman the 987 was a timer only, but the 981 has a clock. It does at least perform a useful function then!

:grin: :grin: that would make sense after being told for 9 years what a useless lump the thing was on the 997s :thumb:

The 718 I borrowed this week had a permanent digital and analogue clock with sweeping second hand in the carbuncle. They switch to lap timer etc when required.

I don't know whether it came in with the 981/991 or the 718/991.2.

Having 3 clocks in vision at any one time (there's still one in the tacho housing) seems a bit OTT.

T8 said:
Having 3 clocks in vision at any one time (there's still one in the tacho housing) seems a bit OTT.

No excuse for arriving late then - you've got a Porsche and 3 clocks!! :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back