Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cigarette lighter

Checkmate said:
Hi guys,
Is anybody have difficulty to take the lighter out, or it's just me? :dont know:
Every time when I need to put phone charger in I need to fight with this lighter for good minute. Maybe just my fingers are like sausages ??? :?
I've seen welds that don't have the holding strength of that b***** cig lighter. Jesus wept it's hard to get out, but I bought a usb dual port charger as the sight of it empty would rattle my peanut

MisterCorn said:
It might be worth making sure that somebody hasn't at some time fitted the wrong centre in it. The pre 997 ones were about 0.5mm larger diameter.

MC

This is what is so fabulous about this forum, the fact that someone knows that a pre 997 fag light is 0.5mm bigger :worship:

this place is awesome in a somewhat strange and anorak like way :thumbs:

alex yates said:
One of Yatesy's bugbears. Lighters missing out sockets. Drives me insane.......especially when you see cars listed on Autotrader et al at a dealers and the lighter can be clearly seen dumped in the cubby. :evil:

Wrap it up , place in glovebox ( why do they still call it that ?

replace with a small usb adapter....... job done ....

T

Phil 997 said:
alex yates said:
Phil 997 said:
alex yates said:
One of Yatesy's bugbears. Lighters missing out sockets. Drives me insane.......especially when you see cars listed on Autotrader et al at a dealers and the lighter can be clearly seen dumped in the cubby. :evil:

Alex dont let the OCD get to you mate :grin: :grin: thats why they put lids on the ashtray compartment :grin:

......and where do I put my sweeties then?

:floor: :floor: With your puppies of course :grin:

:grin:

To the OP,
As Mister Corn says it sounds like you may have a 996 lighter in your 997 socket.
Most 996 owners know of this as a common upgrade is to fit the 997 complete cig lighter. It's smaller so holds iPhone chargers etc better. They often just slip out of the 996 one.

Phil 997 said:
alex yates said:
Phil 997 said:
alex yates said:

Alex dont let the OCD get to you mate :grin: :grin: thats why they put lids on the ashtray compartment :grin:

......and where do I put my sweeties then?

:floor: :floor: With your puppies of course :grin:

:oops: :wink:

911TEL said:
alex yates said:

Wrap it up , place in glovebox ( why do they still call it that ?

replace with a small usb adapter....... job done ....

T

996.1 doesn't have a glovebox...........but more importantly - how do I light a sliff with a usb port? :?

I love this forum!

I'm 42 years old and maybe slightly overweight. People here always trying to help nicely and no one said- mate you are just to fat to fit your fingers in for that lighter :D

Cheers guys ! :grin:

Checkmate said:
I love this forum!

I'm 42 years old and maybe slightly overweight. People here always trying to help nicely and no one said- mate you are just to fat to fit your fingers in for that lighter :D

:floor: :floor: :floor: Sounds like you need to be involved in one of my Bacon butty threads :grin: Blue is the new black and fat is the new skinny :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
Checkmate said:
I love this forum!

:floor: :floor: :floor: Sounds like you need to be involved in one of my Bacon butty threads :grin: Blue is the new black and fat is the new skinny :grin: :grin:

Thanks Phil, I shall speak up when I'll be around your area. :thumb:

Checkmate said:
Phil 997 said:
Checkmate said:
I love this forum!

Thanks Phil, I shall speak up when I'll be around your area.

Next one is early March in Alton Hants if your interested mate :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back