Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

total 911 mags?

Fuchs

I have about 11 years worth of these from issue 1 up to about a year ago - any value in them?

I need to get shot of them before we hopefully move house.

and im sick of Robertb living in my cellar........ :D

I can sign the copies that my Living the Legend reports were in, they'll fetch a fortune. :D

Funnily enough, I was reading through some old copies the other day... it was a great mag in the early days.

Robertb said:
I can sign the copies that my Living the Legend reports were in, they'll fetch a fortune. :D

Funnily enough, I was reading through some old copies the other day... it was a great mag in the early days.

Yeah , agree in the early days it was ....now it's only good if you want to read about your 'Neunelfer' in every 2nd paragraph .....
I'm afraid that was the final straw for me .....I don't know why but it irritates me .....

I check it out in shops now and again to see if it's any different , but no ! There it is .....'Neunelfer,,,'
I stopped buying it when the present editorial team took over ......and let's face it they are all 'much and such' really.....

One little gem I noted..... when the news broke about there being a new iteration of 911 coming out ..the 'R' .....there was a rumour in the Porsche world that the 918 and 'R' were to be allowed to be sneak previewed by press journos 'ONLY' if they personally owned and ran a Porsche ....!,,

Viz-a-viz.......the reason some of them bought their own PDQ.......!

if somebody offers money take it but if you are not too far away (Switzerland is too far) I can pick them up

my wife will kill me of course....

It's worth about £5 per Mag. I suggest sticking them on eBay. I threw some of mine away about a year or so ago only to find out I wanted them again. I bought them roughly £5-£7 with postage.

Fuchs said:
I have about 11 years worth of these from issue 1 up to about a year ago - any value in them?

I need to get shot of them before we hopefully move house.

and im sick of Robertb living in my cellar........ :D

Actually No1 is VERY hard to get in actual magazine format
early ones are only available in PDF now

Ptabi said:
It's worth about £5 per Mag. I suggest sticking them on eBay. I threw some of mine away about a year or so ago only to find out I wanted them again. I bought them roughly £5-£7 with postage.

There are lots for sale at that price but they really don't often sell, if you want to get rid of them, a pound or two each is more realistic.

Some issues were more interesting than others- for example the 'profiles' of the individual models were detailed and very well researched and would be interesting to any owners.

Also some nice articles on 2.7 RS and other specials. The features on contemporary cars were also fun, for example reading about the 996 Turbo S and 997.1 in context as a new car.

But most also featured yet another american tuned 996tt which got a bit tedious.

@Fuchs- I would be interested in copies which contain features on the 996 4S. I stopped getting it in '08.

Just freed up about 15ft of bookshelf space by sending many years worth of F1 and Porsche related magazines to recycling. Sadly not much value to them and they are flipping heavy in bulk!

Robertb said:
Some issues were more interesting than others- for example the 'profiles' of the individual models were detailed and very well researched and would be interesting to any owners.

Also some nice articles on 2.7 RS and other specials. The features on contemporary cars were also fun, for example reading about the 996 Turbo S and 997.1 in context as a new car.

But most also featured yet another american tuned 996tt which got a bit tedious.

@Fuchs- I would be interested in copies which contain features on the 996 4S. I stopped getting it in '08.

Hi Robert,
if i see anything on the 996 4s ill bring them over when we next visit the uk.

robbiej said:
offer sill stands I can pay postage for pickup

think it will cost a fortune to post them from here and i cant bring them all over in the car when we next visit the uk.

Ghost said:
Just freed up about 15ft of bookshelf space by sending many years worth of F1 and Porsche related magazines to recycling. Sadly not much value to them and they are flipping heavy in bulk!

Did you need more space for your "euroboy" collection ? :D

Fuchs said:
Robertb said:

Hi Robert,
if i see anything on the 996 4s ill bring them over when we next visit the uk.

That's great, cheers :thumbs:

Have you still got your relatives living nr Reading?

I had tons of old car magazines, and what I used to do is to list each one on ebay. Id list what cars / articles were featured etc and have a buy-it-now of about £3.49 or something. As they are a magazine you can buy the a4 sized binbag type posting bags in bulk of ebay and use them to post, so packaging cost hardly anything. I used to print my own postage labels off so all I had to do was to dump the magazines in a post box on the way to work.

I sold hundreds and made some nice pocket money, but it depends if you can be bothered as it is quite a time consuming process. I used to try and do a few each morning before work. Once you have entered all the details you just leave the listing on until its sold.

It does make them more attractive to buyers though, if they are only interested in certain articles or cars etc, rather than having to buy them in bulk.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back