Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 disappearing FAST !

Like the thought processing NLW73, can't find right C2 getting GT3.. Yes back in the day wasz, a high point in GTi's was a 7yo MK2 3dr Oak Green 16v.
But you make a good point about being a certain age, desirability Curve, and the apparent disappearance of vehicles. With jest of swaps aside. I bought mine last year for good times, tinkering on, take young family on jollys and ultimately tuck away in garage to keep. If I was offered 5k more tomorrow, I wouldn't take it, I'd only have to start again. With others quietly putting there great 996 away, figure preaching to the converted.
Hopefully helped in get a handle on 996 numbers, and look forward to more Pork chat as the days get longer :salut:

i think any 911 is a good one to be honest and I don't know many owners who don't adore them!!

I nearly went cab but like the simplicity of the 996 c2 man. I had one years ago but went to BMW and a few CSLs but knew I would come back.

my 996.2 GT3 (the Red Baron) is one of only 200 RHD cars and quite a few of them have been lost now. that is a lifetime keeper and I have tucked it away for a while (defo til late spring and summer). I want enjoy the Blue Baron and get it looking mint. far easier and cheaper to fix/tune and more parts around.

main thing is enjoy it and have a blast

Agreed. That Red Baron sound particularly special. Talking of special, and rare.
This caught my eye, not that I'm looking to double my 996 stock or anything..

It checked out on gov check, 31st Dec '97. I read somewhere on here only, 14, 996 proceed worldwide in 1997, being RHD, could possibly be a rare one?

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C820310

I'm not connected in anyway to this sale :success:

Pretty much everyone I speak to is surprised how cheap a 996 is these days, and I think that's really helping too. They still LOOK expensive, but without the huge price tag I'm sure it's appealing to a lot more people who are just after something fun.

Jay. said:
Robertb said:
Cybot7 said:
Well I've just bought this.
http://www.mortimersprestige.co.uk/used-porsche/billingshurst-west-sussex-porsche-911-carrera-1003/
Pick it up tomorrow morning.
My first Porker. I think I've done well l even if it was a tad pricey

:thumbs: Looks like new, nice find, especially with that mileage.

Very well!

Robert, planning on driving it often or just for the odd weekend? Would be a shame to pile the miles onto that!
It'll be a toy. Max 5k pa. Me Toby btw not Robert

2K said:
Agreed. That Red Baron sound particularly special. Talking of special, and rare.
This caught my eye, not that I'm looking to double my 996 stock or anything..

It checked out on gov check, 31st Dec '97. I read somewhere on here only, 14, 996 proceed worldwide in 1997, being RHD, could possibly be a rare one?

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C820310

I'm not connected in anyway to this sale :success:

I "think" that it might be 14 model year 1997 cars.

Dec 1997 will be a 1998 model year.

My October 1997 registered car is a 1998 model year.

Think now a 996 love-in thread.. that's fine. Parking my 996 against my brothers 2 seater Cayman S, it's smaller in every dimension, and a 4 seater. A back to back spirited drive showed just how capable this svelte 21year old 911 really is.

Cybot7, stunning, identical to mine ;) apart from my campartive moon mileage, well done.

searider, thanks for clearing that up. So Sept to Sept is international and not a UK thing. Or yours is very very rare :)

Keep hold of 'em chaps, time I feel will be kind to us :thumb:

Just an update on my quest to understand numbers of 996, specifically 996.1 RHD C2 Manual Coupe, numbers on the road.

Doing a quick search on Autotrader (Indecently my Dad used to point out the Autotrader owner in the 90's driving his 964 round Reading a lot). Back on point;

Theres approx 300 996 on there.

How many 996.1 RHD C2 Manual Coupe.. 5, FIVE, on Autotrader in the UK! (25 996.2 of same).

I accept not whole scientific with a Trader majority. These 5 cars all sold by Traders, all with number plates covered up. Probably all auction lots last week.

With all publications doing an internet *cough* 'Update' on their view of the 996, Pistonhead today being the latest. These IMHO will be the run away to watch for the future. With naysayers all but gone :bye: Wonder what they'll be doing in 2 years :sad:

Interestingly, if you look at Pistonheads, there are 13 x 996.1 manual coupes for sale in total.

With less than 100k miles - 9 cars: 2 x C2 and 7 x C4.

With Aerokits - 3 - all C4

If you look at cars with less than 70k miles, then there is 1 x C2 (@£27.4k) & 1 x C4 (@£29k) !

Good manual 996.1 are rare full stop, and if you want an aerokit, then you may well have to get a C4 (like I did!)

It's nice to see that people appreciate these cars and that therefore the prices are gently rising as numbers decrease- but they're still typically priced at the cost of an engine rebuild, and you won't add that expenditure to the value if you go ahead with it.

=I would not buy one of these as an investment, buy it as a fun driveable hobby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back